Open letter to Skyboss

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Typhoon wrote
If anything, it's demonstrated just how clueless we are about each others' fields.
I'd suggest that this is very little an Airport Manager/Pilot disconnect. I think the root of the cause is a guy who comes here, writes about 100 posts in his first day or 2 on this forum, hijacks threads off into wildly off-topic ideas, and posts something (frequently something inflamatory) on most of the active threads. Then has the nerve to go back & delete much of what he wrote, including threads that had considerable discussion of HIS ideas (maglev & pilot pay, for example).

The problem isn't that he's in airport management. The problem isn't that he has some ideas that many of us don't agree with. The problem is an immature need to be the center of all attention, injecting himself into almost every thread, and accumulating as many posts in a couple days as most of the contributors here write in weeks if not months.

THAT, imho, is the real problem.

Whirlwind said:
Hey, don't sweat it, we've all done dumb things (myself included) online.

The key is to take your lumps, and move on without dragging it through the mud. :)

;)

Listen to this man HE KNOWS!!!!

Typhoon1244(via Skyboss) said:
"any airport manager who makes more than $50K/year is overpaid...and Maglev trains will make them irrelevant."

(Note: ABC news reported that just building the track for a hypothetical maglev train will cost about $38 million per mile.)

I've been considering getting my Maglev ratings. Does anyone know if Key Bank offers a loan to get into this industry? I hear there is going to be a shortage of Maglev pilots(engineers?) really soon. I wanna be there when the hiring crunch starts :D

Hey skyboss, why don't you shut your face. I make 25k a year. Eat it pal...

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of pilots who aren't only under-paid, but one step beyond that...it's called poverty.

Mother #%$&*@

KickSave said:
I've been considering getting my Maglev ratings. Does anyone know if Key Bank offers a loan to get into this industry? I hear there is going to be a shortage of Maglev pilots(engineers?) really soon. I wanna be there when the hiring crunch starts :D

Maglev's Manipulators are all going to be PFT positions. As a matter of fact you will be paid a negative salary (you have to pay for the honor to operate one of these wonderful devices).

Sorry, blame Skyboss, it's the way management thinks it should be...

Maglev

KickSave[/i] I've been considering getting my Maglev ratings. Does anyone know if Key Bank offers a loan to get into this industry? I hear there is going to be a shortage of Maglev pilots(engineers?) really soon. I wanna be there when the hiring crunch starts [/quote][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon Capt said:
Maglev's Manipulators are all going to be PFT positions. As a matter of fact you will be paid a negative salary (you have to pay for the honor to operate one of these wonderful devices).
Isn't a Maglev some new Russian or Hungarian equipment? Something like a Mil or Antonov?

At least there will be jobs. Most Russian transport-category aircraft I've read about have something like five crew positions; captain, FO, FE, navigator, and radio operator. Would ALPA have a field day fending off accusations of featherbedding?

Oh, well, time to learn how to read Cyrillic. :)

Last edited:
Re: Maglev

bobbysamd said:
Isn't a Maglev some new Russian or Hungarian equipment? Something like a Mil or Antonov?

At least there will be jobs. Most Russian transport-category aircraft I've read about have something like five crew positions; captain, FO, FE, navigator, and radio operator. Would ALPA have a field day fending off accusations of featherbedding?

Oh, well, time to learn how to read Cyrillic. :)

Actually, I believe that Maglev is the technical name of an antigravity substance invented by a Medfield College, professor in 1961. He used it to power a unique 1917 Ford T touring car.

Only one operator per car is needed, so no featherbedding will be necessary because the car only carries the operator plus three pax.

The car did posses "flying" qualities, but did not require runways, so no airport managers are necessary. (I'm beginning to wish that this wasn't mostly a figment of my imagination )

regards,
enigma

Falcon Capt said:

Sorry, blame Skyboss, it's the way management thinks it should be...

I'm sorry, I don't think there is anything wrong with PFTing your way to a cushy Maglev right seat. It's all about the seniority, right? I want to be at the forefront. A leader. In fact, I intend to start a new web site... the MagLev Defense Consortium. We've got to preserve our future! Who's with me?????

*running out the door like Bluto in Animal House*

Consortium?

Definition 3, may just fit the professional aviation community...but don't get em started with that stuff in the Maglev train industry. Maybe "The International Brotherhood of Maglev Train Operating Engineers" would work.

Main Entry: con·sor·tium
Pronunciation: k&n-'sor-sh(E-)&m, -'sor-tE-&m
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural con·sor·tia /-'sor-sh(E-)&, -'sor-tE-&/; also -sortiums
Etymology: Latin, fellowship, from consort-, consors
Date: 1829
1 : an agreement, combination, or group (as of companies) formed to undertake an enterprise beyond the resources of any one member
2 : ASSOCIATION, SOCIETY
3 : the legal right of one spouse to the company, affection, and assistance of and to sexual relations with the other.

Latest resources

Back