• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OPEC accuses U.S. on oil prices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's hysterical, even the saudi's pissed at piece of crap bush, for scaring prices upward. Even the oil people, that's funny. Bush is as worthless as Prater.

You're right raskal. I wish somebody would figure something out. I've been hoping that with the threat of socialized medicine someone would come up with a good idea, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Next time I go see my doc, I intend to ask him how he feels about socialized medicine. I have a great health care plan with Southwest but I still had over 8 thousand dollars out-of-pocket last year with a family of 4. (just finished my taxes) And that was pretty low compared to others I know. As far as trusting industry, I agree that most companies, probably the majority, have very little care for their employees, but its easier to find a better job than find a better government.

I just cant whait for THE BUSH IT to be over!!!!

and his budy FKN DICK cuorrupt CHENEY.

I agree with the deficit spending part. However,we were spending billions annually containing Saddam with no-fly zones and sanctions. None of it was working and it was costing us more and more. Maybe we should have just pulled all troops out of the middle east and let Saddam do what ever he wanted. Also, 9/11 cost us billions and Katrina cost us billions. I'm an independent and Bush is certainly not my favorite pres, but he served during possibly the toughest time in our Nations history. He is no fun to watch or listen to but I still prefer him over Gore or Kerry.

Um, Donald, Saddam is dead.

I know the dollar has been loosing value for decades...but lately it hasn't been on a steady decline like it was before...it is on a downward spiral. When you owe trillions of dollars of course the dollar will tumble. I know there are many people out there who believe Bush was just the President during bad times...but I believe the bad times were made worse by this government's mismanagement. Bad times happen...bad actions or bad choices is what got is here.

Gee, What do you think Lowecur?

Glad you asked.

Let's go talk to the people that actually run this country......Multinational Conglomerates. What, you mean these huge corporations headquartered in the good ol US of A run this country? Yes, they do.

Multinationals are the architects of the "Global Economy." They have had our gov't spend Trillions in aid around the world where peace could be bought. Where it can't be bought, Trillions more is spent to fund the CIA and the Military to try and bring stability and a capitalistic slant to the area.

Why has the dollar been deteriorating over the years. Simple, the USA either can't compete with the cheap products of some regions or they can't compete with gov't subsidies that make foreign products a better deal. So we let the dollar fall to make our products more desirable overseas for our multinational companies. Now the multinationals are not stupid. They also build mfg plants in many of these countries to hedge....smart...but it has taken away the mfg backbone of the USA....dumb. Now, I believe the trade deficit averages around $500-600B per year(someone correct me if I'm wrong). Yet the multinationals and their stockholders are happy because they get the limited access to the China's, Japans, and other Pacific rim closed shops where many American mfgs are locked out.

To do all this, our whore politicians have mortgaged our childrens future. To pay for this grandious scheme the Feds sold bonds to foreigner's and have flooded the market over the years with greenbacks with no controls. The Fox is in the henhouse and he's lick'n his chops. This of course has lead to the Savings and Loan debacle, the dot com bubble, and of course today's housing and credit crunch. They have given the undisciplined American Consumer the green light to spend, spend, spend, thus making the US economy the engine that has created quasi Capitalistic juggernaut economies ruled by either dictators or police states. Today much of our debt is owned by people who only a few years ago wanted to bury us....smart? So today $1 out of every $3. in tax is to pay the interest on the debt to our friends overseas that include the Middle East and China.

Just think, it's possible in the next 10-20 years or sooner, that the USA will be relegated to an also ran with their tin cup extended for a possible reverse Marshall Plan to forgive all the debt we owe. Will it happen in this coming new world order? What do you think? I think they will have won the war without firing a shot, and all our multinational companies that where once headquartered in the USA will belong to our enemies and moved overseas.

Sounds like a plan to me.

:pimp:​

Last edited:
However,we were spending billions annually containing Saddam with no-fly zones and sanctions. None of it was working and it was costing us more and more.

Billions annually compared to the billions weekly were spending now? For what? To have more terrorists in Iraq now than before the war began?This war has lasted longer than WW2 with no end in sight.

Bush removed caps on oil futures, and that is the reason that oil future prices have since moved so quickly.

The US President had never controlled the max price of a barrel of oil around the world.

Bush removed caps on oil futures, and that is the reason that oil future prices have since moved so quickly.

coffeedog, thanks. I'm not an economist so are you saying caps should reinstated. Would that bring oil prices down?

Puddlejumper, I agree, bad decisions are made by every administration. And the Iraq war may have been a bad one, time will tell. Would you have continued spending billions on the sanctions and nofly zones against Saddam? At times, I'm really on the fence about the war. I even believe W had a personal agenda against Saddam. But I was also ready to do something to end it. At one time, I truly thought we should just pull all troops out of the Middle East (before the war Bravowhiskey) and see how the Muslim nations felt about that

Latest resources

Back