• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OPEC accuses U.S. on oil prices

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those interested in hearing Ron Paul giving Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke an earful on how the Fed is the cause of the inflation we're seeing and the devaluing of the dollar here is the clip from CNBC of their meeting:

Youtube: RON PAUL giving Bernanke an earful in the House meeting from last week

Ben Bernanke wrote his masters thesis on how to avoid a Deflationary Great Depression. This is why he was chosen by the way, because our economy is in that bad of shape right now and people don't for the most part realize it.

What did he say he'd do in his paper? He said he'd drop money from Helicopters(increase the money supply/devalue the currency) to avoid the deflation which is devastating.

This is why they call him Helicopter Ben.

The money supply which the Federal Reserve controls is increasing at 16%. This is devaluing our currency at 16% per year causing inflation. This also makes our debts less in real terms which in the long term is the governments solution to their debt problems. Inflate the debts away.....

By the way their inflation numbers are bogus and a lot higher than they say they are to distract you into thinking everything is ok. Visit www.shadowstats.com for more information on the real inflation rate.

Jet

Last edited:
I'm mad at our government, but our culture (everyone) should also share the blame. Majority living or working towards the so called American dream of owning a new suburban huge house and an over-sized vehicle with lots of other stuff "junk" and a McDonalds junk meal on the dinner table. I've bought into this culture myself at times.

It's also the voters that ultimately elect the government, so if the majority here would wise up and elect quality candidates, then we'd be better off. Again, another cultural related problem where far too many citizens have limited knowledge of real political issues or even general common sense, but can rattle off a lengthy descriptive opinion on Britney Spears.

I blame the Fed because they manipulate markets.

They artificially set the interest rates where they want them which has been artificially low for years. These low rates cause bubbles. The Nasdaq was the first. Now we have the credit, spending, and housing bubbles converging at the same time.

Market manipulation by the Fed is wrong and the power to create credit and money should be returned back to the U.S. govt and not with the Private Federal Reserve.

The markets are supposed to grow and contract. The FED tries to always cause growth which just makes it to where all the contraction will happen at once in a larger way.

To learn the truth about the Federal Reserve watch this which has Ron Paul doing a cameo :) :
GOOGLE Video: FIAT EMPIRE- The Private Federal Reserve

Jet

Last edited:
Can you be more specific? The dollar has been falling for decades. What can an administration do to reverse that?

I don't know. Maybe for starters avoid starting a war which is slowly bankrupting this country. Or perhaps come up with a budget that doesn't run a on a ridiculously huge deficit. Oh but wait the latest 160 billion dollar stimulus should turn things around..................

Worst President ever.

I don't know. Maybe for starters avoid starting a war which is slowly bankrupting this country. Or perhaps come up with a budget that doesn't run a on a ridiculously huge deficit. Oh but wait the latest 160 billion dollar stimulus should turn things around..................

I agree with the deficit spending part. However,we were spending billions annually containing Saddam with no-fly zones and sanctions. None of it was working and it was costing us more and more. Maybe we should have just pulled all troops out of the middle east and let Saddam do what ever he wanted. Also, 9/11 cost us billions and Katrina cost us billions. I'm an independent and Bush is certainly not my favorite pres, but he served during possibly the toughest time in our Nations history. He is no fun to watch or listen to but I still prefer him over Gore or Kerry.

Also, 9/11 cost us billions and Katrina cost us billions. I'm an independent and Bush is certainly not my favorite pres, but he served during possibly the toughest time in our Nations history. He is no fun to watch or listen to but I still prefer him over Gore or Kerry.

I won't argue that this has certainly been a rough time for anyone who happened to be president but I cannot agree on the preference of w over gore or kerry. While neither of those two are ideal, I do believe that a president is made of whom he surrounds himself with-and this has to be one of the worst cabinets in history, starting with the VP. The inbred and instinctive "mistrust" of the people who elected them (in theory) along with the constant catering to big business is to me intolerable.

All that aside, I have to vote my job and my family position-if I go that way than any of the last few republican offerings are simply not acceptable, as McCain is now.

Unlike many I don't have some huge moral issue over Iraq, but I do have enormous problems with the helathcare system, the manufactured housing bubble, the deficit spending, the ridiculous debt to China and the current lopsided division of power between business and labor...wow, I sound like Clinton...

I won't argue that this has certainly been a rough time for anyone who happened to be president but I cannot agree on the preference of w over gore or kerry. While neither of those two are ideal, I do believe that a president is made of whom he surrounds himself with-and this has to be one of the worst cabinets in history, starting with the VP. The inbred and instinctive "mistrust" of the people who elected them (in theory) along with the constant catering to big business is to me intolerable.

Good points Raskal. I feel like Bush/Cheney has been quite an advantage to big oil especially. Maybe too much. How can the oil companies justify their huge profits. Howeve, I prefer big business to big government, as long as monopolies are avoided. Companies provide much greater opportunities for jobs and potential for wealth than goverment ever will. Unless you're a politician. I will vote my job when able but not if I feel it will hurt the company or customer. Luckily I'm employed by a very fair and honest company.
As far as Healthcare. I have no ideas, but be careful what you wish for. I lived with socialized medicine for over 11 years. If you think the healthcare system is screwed up now wait till the govt steps in. Thousands of people around the world still come to the US for care. That has to mean something.

Donald, you're right about the health system...I have no idea what the answer is, but I know this isn't it-the country simply cannot afford to continue, all fo the aging baby boomers will bankrupt it.

However, as much as I distrust government I have come to mistrust industry even more. I do not believe for a second that the investors/board etc...care even a little bit about the employees or what happens to any of them. Those days, unfortunately, are long gone. Now it is a number, pure, simple, emotionless.

Worst President ever.
The USA went bankrupt in 1933! It's really sad that people fail to understand how our economy works and what has happened in the past that has gotten us where we are today. The governement loves the ignorance of its citizens and it's only going to get worse!

Latest resources

Back