Ontop 8 ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TDTURBO said:
Flying IFR is easy, learn the numbers, my plane on an ILS in 15 inches at the OM giving me 500ft/min decent when I drop the gear. You should be able to fly a hands off approach on the glideslope only making minor corrections with your feet.

Flying powersettings is poor technique btw, you should be targeting an airspeed. Who the heck cares what the power is set to?

I passed the CFII/MEI ride by completing the req'd tasks. ONE non-precision app is req'd with gyro failures. Do you want me to teach you what a non-precision app could consist of? And what your choices could be? You must not be a CFII, or you would be perfect at these regs and requirements that the FAA has set forth. You did learn them at one time right? { Oh I see, you could probably find the answer and tell me even though its been a long time since you have messed with it! Huh. That wouldn't be the same point as my original question would it? I do know how to fly NDB's, but yes I could use some more practice with them.

(There was not an ADF in the plane that I took my checkride in, nor was there an NDB on either of the two airports that my checkride consisted of:)

Man some people are stupid.

RideTheWind said:
Dude, MS Flightsim is so easy to use, hit the alt key and the find the go to menu at the top of the screen, go to your local airport, find the NDB approach you want to use and set the freq. and fly the approach until you are an NDB guru.

Now my question is how did you pass a CFII ride and now you want help learning an NDB approach.

And you're one of the real idiots. I feel sorry for your instrument students, you're a II and want MS Flightsim to teach you to fly an NDB approach.

Last edited:
There you go again with that teaching crap!
For the last time, I just want to mess around with it and yes maybe gain some insight without paying $59 dollars an hr. For your info, I received msfs for christmas, so I thought I would try it
RideTheWind said:
And you're one of the real idiots. I feel sorry for your instrument students, you're a II and want MS Flightsim to teach you to fly an NDB approach.

P.S.
Your right dude. You win. I don't know how to fly an NDB. End of story. Yet another day goes by and I have to take a big bite of humble pie. What's new!

I'll go try the Alt key thing and play until my hearts content. I didn't mean for this thread to turn into one of THOSE threads.
Peace

Last edited:
F16fixer said:
P.S. Your right dude. You win. I don't know how to fly an NDB. End of story. Yet another day goes by and I have to take a big bite of humble pie. What's new!
Humble pie, thats awesome :D

Flying powersettings is poor technique btw, you should be targeting an airspeed. Who the heck cares what the power is set to?

I would say his using the rudder for corrections is a bad technique to. Yea it works, but it is sloppy and can make you pax sea-sick with all that side to side motion.

You won't notice it too much in a 172, but if you fly a bigger aircraft the more movement you will get as you move farther from the CG.

Just use small coordinated control movements, it isnt that difficult.

Using a powesetting to get you somehwere near the descent rate and then fine tuning it to get what you want is pretty standard i thought

DONT BOTHER WITH THE INSTRUMENT TRAINING PORTION. jUST DEPART FROM THE DESIRED AIRPORT AND USE YOUR CHARTS ,EVERYTHING IS IN THE DATABASE. ONCE YOU START USING THE GPS SELECT FLIGHT PLANNER AND CREATE FLIGHT FROM ONE AIRPORT TO ANOTHER IFR. YOU WILL PICK UP CLEARANCE AND WILL BE ABLE TO SELCT APPROACH FROM ATC. WHEN YOU ACTIVATE FLIGHT PLANNER FLIGHT PLAN WILL AUTO LOAD INTO GPS. ITS VERY REALISTIC EXCEPT WHEN CHOOSING RADAR VECTOR TO FAC. SOMETIMES THEY VECTOR YOU AROUND ALOT.IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO FIGURE IT OUT BUT JUST FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH GPS FIRST .

F16 Fixer dont listen to Ride the wind. The only wind he has is the hot air coming out of his mouth.If you have any other problems getting approaches to work P.M. me .

Latest resources

Back