Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Only Mesa, Pinnacle, and XJet respond plz!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What kind of schedule does a new hire FO get at Xjet? If I had to commute, Im wondering if it would be worth commuting for the better job. Are the days off like 3 and 4 days off between trips, reserve, etc. ? And are they commuter friendly? Thx guys!!

Spinplate said:
What kind of schedule does a new hire FO get at Xjet? If I had to commute, Im wondering if it would be worth commuting for the better job. Are the days off like 3 and 4 days off between trips, reserve, etc. ? And are they commuter friendly? Thx guys!!

You will be on reserve for 4-6 months depending on base. It is pretty easy to get weekends off while on reserve. You will only get 11-12 days off per month. Yes, you can get 3 days off but 4 would be rare. EWR and CLE you will get a line sooner. If you commute from Phx it can sometimes be a challenge. I have yet to do any 2 leg commutes though. It just depends if you try to do a day of commute or day before. Commuting sucks period. It makes a part-time job a full-time job.

I would rather commute though than work at Mesa. Xjet is a great company and I have no regrets. I know many airlines have great pilot groups. The company not trying to screw you any chance they get makes the difference.

you dont want to commute it sucks. the best regional to work for it the one that has a base where you live. As far as Mesa FO's going to Skywest - its because, after 3 displacements, Mesa no longer has a DEN base for the Jet. Skywest is growing DEN.

Good replies by all. I'm not hating life all that much at 9E but I live in base and that makes life a heck of a lot easier. Originally, I wanted Eagle when I knew the FR8 doggy gig was getting old but for the life of me I couldn't score an interview. If Eagle had called, I'd be no where near being a CA there however I'd be able to hold DFW which is home for me and back then that would've been the motivating factor for me. After maturing and getting past the 1000 PIC Jet hurdle I can fondly look back and ask...Ok now what?

Good luck on your decision. Lots of Buddies at XJET and 2 of my former students are CA's at Mesa so just go where you think you'd be happy.

Rook

Reserve isnt bad here. I usually have 4 on 3 off sometimes 5 on but typically its 4 and 3. I have commuted home everytime.

Rarely do I make any comments about making a choice now a days. However, if the amount of Mesa pilots applying to XJT is an indication as to working conditions at there present employer, I'd suggest not wasting your time with Mesa.

ive been with xjet for just over 6 yrs now...ill attest to what everyone else has said here..great work rules, great reserve rules, pay could obviously be better...ive lived in base and i now commute so i can tell you that you need to look at mesas contract vs us and pinnacle...im not positive but i think you only get 8 days off a month as a reserve and 10 as a lineholder at mesa(minimum...im guessing you can eventually bid lines that have more days off)...as a lineholder at xjet you have unlimited trip trading which allows me as a commuter to take a crappy line and turn it into 14-15 days off a month, fully commutable on both ends...reserves get 11 or 12 days off a month with 2-3 day off blocks (sometimes 4 ..you can aslo request to move your reserve days before the start of the month to get more days off in a row)...reserves also get 150% pay if your day off is rolled (paid ABOVE line value) and you also get that day off restored..we get full cancellation pay, leg-by-leg pay (block or actual, whichever is greater),and we also get hotel rooms provided in base if your overnight is cancelled...as far as training you get positive space to/from training any time you have days off an xjet pays your hotel and gives you a check for expenses in training...im sure any jet job sounds nice to you now but you need to consider the fact that "quick upgrades" and "getting my 1000pic and off to a major " are gone..you WILL be at whatever regional airline you choose to go with for at lest 5-10 yrs so pick wisely and think about where youll be in a few yrs (married, kids, house etc)....quality of life is #1 and you probably will get that at xjet even if you commute (i know several phx commuters here at ewr...am west and cal both have serveral flights a day here)....i want to also say all the mesa and pinnacle crews i have met on layovers are great guys and im sure you will be flying with some great people no matter where you go...best of luck to you in your decision.please feel free to pm me if you have any other questions.

Latest resources

Back