• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Only have a Private & Hate College

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to the whole man, a four-year degree or TJ PIC can define one of parts of the decision process. And you are right as the hiring pool shrinks during the coming hiring boom the importance of degree will be diminished, and the importance of someone who has proven they are PIC material will increase. Back to basics again also, the reason most people being hired have 4-yr degree is because most people applying have 4-yr degrees.

Another hiring boom

pilotyip said:
Back to the whole man, a four-year degree or TJ PIC can define one of parts of the decision process. And you are right as the hiring pool shrinks during the coming hiring boom . . . .
More misleading information.

Come on, Yip. Too many things have changed in the past few years to permit another boom. The shrinkage of the majors, furloughees to be recalled, etc. . . . oh, what's the use??? <sigh>

yip said:
Why if the 4-yr degree is way to ensure you will get hired, how come non-4-yr degree guys are hired in front of the degreed pilots?
Herman Bloom said:
Because some people have stronger interview skills than others, regardless of whether or not they have a degree. You constantly miss the point, yip. Proof enough that, at least in your case, some more schooling couldn't hurt.
In all fairness to Yip, he has Bachelor's and Master's degrees. More higher education than I possess. Which makes his position on the degree(s)'s irrelevancy somewhat inconsistent.

Last edited:
Anyone who has first hand experiance with enlisting after a couple semesters of college; could you send me an email if your interested in giving me an idea of what it's like.

I'm looking at the Air Force, and I really might join.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back