One Reason To BE excited about the Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy said:
Unsat. If that happens again (you fly out of ORD; it'll happen again - ORD CSRs, killing UAL by losing customers one at a time), figure out a diplomatic way to mention it to the Captain when you stop by the flight deck.

Happened this way in IAD on UA 50% of the time I was jumpseating outta there. Still, just happy to have a ride.

shindler said:
That scenario is common on AA.The only difference is that the FA usually prevails over the Cpt.

Even the FO wins over the old man.

Personal experience in ORD.No kidding.

Are you implying the FA ranks higher than the FO at AA?

koko nw said:
Actually out of OKC there's a male CSR infamous for putting pilots in the middle, they even gave him your PMS nickname.
When I was going to Altus for mandatory fun four years ago, I not knowingly encountered him when I was sitting in the freaken middle seat in the back with a half empyt jet with nobody to my left or right!!!
I don't know Andy, I've jumpseated on SWA and Alaska alot and have always been treated like royalty.....I've actually had my worst experiences with MY own company!

At Alaska, we have a written policy that J/S are not allowed to sit in F/C and the explanation is that the Gold/MVP's that were not upgraded get upset. They actually sent the F/A's a memo that threatened disciplinary action if they allowed J/S who were booked in the back to sit up front...To their credit most of them ignore the memo and do it anyway but it helps if you lose the mex general stripes the tie and the ID before you sit down

Deadheading on CAL and getting First Class is unheard of. You hear occasional stories of it happening, but it's a lot like a Unicorn. Someone knows someone who claims they caught a brief glimpse of one.

On a serious note, 2 days ago EWR-IAH on a 767, FA wouldn't give me a pair of headsets because "they're not supposed to give them away anymore". My response was, "but I'm here deadheading, in uniform on company time". His reply "too bad".

It seems in the here and now that off line pilots are treated better than our own. This month alone I have been denied twice for boarding 15 min. prior to push WITH the door open AND jetway up to the plane. This particular agent hates pilots and lets us know that. Of course we have never been ontime with her as the agent.

Fast forward to a 10 min. run across SEATAC wher I arrive drenched in sweat 10 min. prior at AA and am put right on and even get a smile and a "have a nice trip home." Even at DFW they are nice 80% of the time. OF course AA commuters say Alaska has the nicest CSA's. I can't figure it out.

Thanks AA, you guys always treat me well!!

Do any airlines meet the gold standard of allowing JSeaters to libate while in first. Yes, must be out of uniform, for those ninnies who were thinking it.

I jumpseated this evening on United Express/Republic and was offered first class. It was great. I had almost forgotten it existed. It's one thing at CAL that I don't like. If you jumpseat at CAL you never can sit in first. For that you have to pay the first class nonrev rate.

shindler said:
That scenario is common on AA.The only difference is that the FA usually prevails over the Cpt.

Even the FO wins over the old man.

Personal experience in ORD.No kidding.

Must have been a DFW crew.:laugh:

AKMD80GUY said:
It seems in the here and now that off line pilots are treated better than our own.

Ain't that the truth! I offline commute on UAL, SWA, Skywest and Horizon and get treated very well by all! Thanks!! You all make a horrible two-leg commute survivable.

:beer:

The AA SeaTac agents are all very nice--the loads make it pretty tough though. All bets are off at DFW. 50% are great, 50% are absolutely lousy...there ain't no in-between.

Two weeks ago I was JSing out of LAX to DFW on a redeye. I listed on the non-rev line, I checked in at the ticket counter for my "hall pass," went up to the gate to verify I was properly listed in CASS (I was), and even met the captain who checked my ID's (all of them), and he said we'll get you on.

I hung out for the hour, stood around the podium with ID out, even inquired with a different agent and a supervisor, who I recognized. 10 minutes prior, the agent goes down the jetbridge right past me. I asked the supervisor if I was going to get on. This is the 5th time mind you, that I've checked/asked. He issues me the 1W, I head down the bridge and the agent has closed the door telling me she can't reopen it. WTF? I head back up, look out the window and the CA has his hands out, palms up, as if asking me WTF?

Luckily, there was another redeye on AA leaving in 30 minutes. The gray jacketed supervisor apologized to me which I appreciated. I got on the next flight and was able to sit in the back, but as you know the first rule in JSing is take the first seat offered if it's offline, so I was lucky.

I've had this experience most of the time while commuting on AA. I jump through all the hoops to sign up, and they are high and many, and I still have to remind the agent that I'm still here looking to JS. It is emensly frustrating. Why can't the CA exercise any authority at AA?

BTW, thanks for all the rides. After I get on I'm treated pretty well.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back