One Reason To BE excited about the Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyUnited said:
At United, we always let the jumpseaters take a first class seat if it's available.

While I don't doubt that many UAL Captains extend the invitation to sit in First, in ORD I was recently issued a seat in steerage when open seats were available in First and was told by the gate agent that "you're not allowed to sit in First when you OMC."

Seems like this and many other procedures vary from day to day, agent to agent.

In any event, I always appreciate the lift and you guys are welcome on my ride anytime...

Rogue...don't even begin to listen to the GA. They have no clue. Say "HI" to the Captain and the f/a. Ask where we'd like you to sit....and we'll tell you, First Class! (if we don't have enough food, we'll tell you right then). You're always welcome to sit in first...always. (You too SWA/FO....just don't spit on us)

The Airways guys out of CLT always offer me the option of taking a "big cushion" if it's open. Maybe they think that I can't swim or are just courteous!!

That is the way it is at the old airways, capt. has the authority to seat j/s in first if there is a seat. it was always a plus when i worked there and commuted

I commuted on Cactus for years and only had one negative FA experience. But, the CA stepped in and quickly set the situation straight and made it clear that it was his aircraft. She treated me like gold the rest of the flight.

I have commuted on nearly every carrier out there and have found that most treat us well. However, when an agent or FA started down a negative path, the situation was only as good as the CA willingness (balls) to step up and assert his/her authority. I thank all of those that have.

Rogue5 said:
While I don't doubt that many UAL Captains extend the invitation to sit in First, in ORD I was recently issued a seat in steerage when open seats were available in First and was told by the gate agent that "you're not allowed to sit in First when you OMC."

In any event, I always appreciate the lift and you guys are welcome on my ride anytime...

Unsat. If that happens again (you fly out of ORD; it'll happen again - ORD CSRs, killing UAL by losing customers one at a time), figure out a diplomatic way to mention it to the Captain when you stop by the flight deck.

Rogue5 said:

Rogue, sorry about your experience with us. Unfortunately here at UAL, the CSR's have WAY too much control over our OMC procedures.
Since the advent of unlimited OMC's, with multiple JS's the CSR's dole out the seats typically in the last 5-10 minutes leaving you and your fellow JS's precous little if any time to interact with the crew. Thus leaving you at the mercy of a certain percentage of pilot hating CSR's relegating you to seat 32B vice first class......Were working the issues as we speak hopefully we'll get the control back to the front where it belongs.

Peace
Koko

koko nw said:
Thus leaving you at the mercy of a certain percentage of pilot hating CSR's relegating you to seat 32B vice first class

Is that the PMS? (Pilot Middle Seat; last row of aircraft). Flashbacks to the summer of love. I jumpseated offline for a while after that.

:cool:In my commuting days, I was treated very well! I thank all of you for your kindness in allowing me a ride home. I hope that I can return the favor to any of you out there! Fly Safe!

Actually out of OKC there's a male CSR infamous for putting pilots in the middle, they even gave him your PMS nickname.
When I was going to Altus for mandatory fun four years ago, I not knowingly encountered him when I was sitting in the freaken middle seat in the back with a half empyt jet with nobody to my left or right!!!
I don't know Andy, I've jumpseated on SWA and Alaska alot and have always been treated like royalty.....I've actually had my worst experiences with MY own company!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back