One Reason To BE excited about the Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CHIEEEEFS said:
Do any airlines meet the gold standard of allowing JSeaters to libate while in first. Yes, must be out of uniform, for those ninnies who were thinking it.

I was offered a few times on TWA; have never opted to imbibe as a JSer.

There is very little Captains authority anymore. At Alaska, the mind set is that the CSA owns the airlpane until the door is closed. A few months ago I called the outbound flight on company radio and asked them to let the CSA know I was on the way and not to close the door almost 30 min. prior to SCHEDULED departure. I show up 15 min. prior to SCHEDULED departure as I had to run from D-11 to C-15 in SEA. The door was closed but the jet sat there for another 15 min. I forgot what the C in CSA stood for but it sure isn't Customer!!!

FlyUnited said:
At United, we always let the jumpseaters take a first class seat if it's available. Unfortuantely, we aren't always catered properly for the extra people. So please don't be feeling shunned if we can't offer you a meal.

The few times I have had the opportunity to J/S on UAL, I have always been treated very nice by the crews. Better than I was by my own crews at my old "legacy" carrier, where there was, it seemed, always a battle over who "owned" certain parts of the acft.

In fact, one time on UAL, the Capt told me to "take a seat in the back." So, I went to coach, and took a window seat. A few minutes after the boarding was complete, a UAL F/A came and told me to get my bags and take a seat in F/C. I told him that the Capt had asked me to take a seat in the back.

The F/A's response? "The Capt didn't mean this far back."

In addition, my first month on the line at my new carrier, I had to fly out of OAK....so I rode on Delta from DFW to OAK for that month. Again, I was always treated great on Delta....always rode in F/C....and those good looking F/A's kept me well fed.

Tejas

HalinTexas said:
Two weeks ago I was JSing out of LAX to DFW on a redeye. I listed on the non-rev line, I checked in at the ticket counter for my "hall pass," went up to the gate to verify I was properly listed in CASS (I was), and even met the captain who checked my ID's (all of them), and he said we'll get you on....It is emensly frustrating. Why can't the CA exercise any authority at AA?

BTW, thanks for all the rides. After I get on I'm treated pretty well.

You are right, it is very frustrating and totally unnecessary. AMR has gotten the agents so wrapped around the axel about on-time they have lost the forest for the trees. You did everything right and I am so glad you made it on the next one--those flights are always full. It is up to the individual CA on how far to push it. Some will walk off the A/C some won't do anything. Lots of rumors/discontent/distractions out there--not excuses for leaving you behind, just a wimpy explanation.

Good luck on your commute!

At United, we always let the jumpseaters take a first class seat if it's available. Unfortuantely, we aren't always catered properly for the extra people. So please don't be feeling shunned if we can't offer you a meal.

Except for the Express guys and gals...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back