One of the TLH guys is back.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fletch717 said:
I'm not all fired up that these pilots are going to be flying again. I know they are your fellow employees, but that accident was 100% preventable.

Most accidents are.

I hope you never have one.

:rolleyes:

fletch717 said:
Three people in the cockpit, end of a long night. somebody decides to save 3-5 minutes and fly a visual approach to rwy9 instead of the ILS to 27. Nobody says " I think this is a bad Idea" they hit the trees short. Thankfully only boxes on board otherwise who knows. I'm not all fired up that these pilots are going to be flying again. I know they are your fellow employees, but that accident was 100% preventable.

Virtually EVERY accident, except those with some catastrophic failure, is 100% preventable. And this post is one of the most asinine things ever posted on this board. One that is known for daily doses of asinine posts.

I guess you are super pilot, with perfect judgement and infalible at every turn.

No wait. That can't be true. Just look how stupid you look now.:rolleyes:

The only way to ensure you will 100% avoid an accident or incident is to stay on the ground. Remember what Ernest K. Gann says, "Fate is the Hunter".

Fly safe.

Legal Disclaimer: This is not to flame or offend... But...

On what grounds should the other two guys get their jobs back???

Two of the probable causes were:

(1) the failure to establish and maintain a proper glidepath (well established as a way to kill people...)
(2) failure to comply with company flight procedures (ditto...)

Before anyone jumps all over me, this is just an innocent question and NO I AM NOT INFALLABLE. Just asking why these two things are excusable. Wandering if there were other issues (besides fatigue) involved... I just remember it being drilled into me several times that when you're fatigued is exactly the time when one should be extra vigilant to follow S.O.P.

Last edited:
reachpilot said:
The only way to ensure you will 100% avoid an accident or incident is to stay on the ground. Remember what Ernest K. Gann says, "Fate is the Hunter".

Fly safe.
And Bugs Bunny says, "What's up Doc?".

Have you ever flown a regular trip where duty time limits put your whole life into rhythm that was not natural. I can tell you this much, getting up early in the morning is easy...I can be sprite for about three hours. I can spend all day at a hotel with a good nap and get up tired as all get up for the return trip.

There may be more to human factors to this accident, than you'll ever know...and I'm quite sure that lack of pilot skills was not one of them.

Last edited:
reachpilot said:

Fly safe.
And in case I took you the wrong way Reachpilot, I still stand by my assessment...the biological clock rules. No matter what you know or how well you know it.

Latest resources

Back