• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry to hear it TB. Although Iam relatively new to this board, I have spent a lot of time reading current and past posts, to get a feel for the people here. needless to say I have read a lot of your posts as well as other long time members who have put their .02 worth many times.
I don't think you will have to much trouble finding a new gig with all the support i see from here. This truly is a great board with a lot of people doing what they can for the many unfortunate out there.
Best of luck to you.

I agree, vincent.

I'm in ther process of soliciting leads from the board members, many of whom haven't gotten back to me yet. That's okay, since I was often unable to check posts when I was on the road.

Specifically, I'm looking first for Lear 35 and 55 work, or another job that includes training of the aircraft in question.

Timebuilder,
VEEERRRRRRYYYYY sorry to hear this.
I too remember how excited you were when you first got this job.

You live in Montgomery county right??
Call Sue Weeler @ 610-270-3429 ext 226
She is part of the Montgomery County division of the PA Career Link program that provides funding for various things. I'm sure you would qualify for a $3500 grant to "further your education in your field". And Flight safety is an approved learning center.
You need to fill out an online registration at www.pacareerlink.state.pa.us

This is not WIA. I was told that in PA only Airline folks get wia funding, however you might be able to convince them that since ECJ has an airline code, you should qualify.

Also I might be needing someone to fly with me in an upcoming project, so I'll be in touch.

Call Midlantic in ACY. I was talking w/ Don Schwartz ( the charter manager ) and he mentioned they were looking for someone w/ exp.

Best of success to you!

Cappy

PS - Read my tag line...

Thanks. I'll call Don this afternoon. Let me know if there is help needed with your project.

Some of you may have missed this tidbit yesterday.

I wanted to bring it back up top to ask for any leads for work in the Lear 35 or 55.

Send a PM if you have info. Any state will do.

Spit Fire Aviation in Concord NC may be worth a shot- They have a few Lears and they also crew the Lear for Rusty Wallace.. They also have a King Air. I have flown a few trips into there and have been somewhat impressed with their operation. I would assume that since you have "prior" Lear time that may be a positive that they will take into account although first year first officer pay there is nothing to jump up and down about. I have a friend there who is probably going to be jumping ship there sometime in the near future. If I were you I shoot them a resume as well as making a phone call to the director of operations.

America Jet (HOU) may be another operator that you possibly should look into. Phil the chief pilot is a very sharp individual and they also operate a Baron and other equipment. I flew on a few test flights in their Lear when I was with Delta at HOU and was very impressed and if I remember correctly they did hire "lower" time pilots into the Baron then would upgrade them into the Lear in a decent time frame.

just a few thoughts....

good luck

3 5 0

As far as tanker work...is your life insurance paid up? Never mind. Just remembered. If you're in tankers, you can't get any.

I can sympathize. I was sent out of state for three months last fall, then three months this year, and while gone, the company collapsed. I was in Canada when I got a phone call that said to come clean out the hangar, company was failing, and oh, by the way, good luck where ever you are...

It's not the first time.

Dynamic Aviation was recently looking for folks. Reston, VA (I believe). King-airs, mostly.

Timebuilder,
I thought I read on here that Airnet was looking for Lear pilots for their charter operation. I am not sure if any of your time was PIC or not, but you may want to check it out. I am sorry to here about your loss.

sorry to hear about the news Timebuilder. I've appreciated your insight, advice, and encouragement in responding to my posts (among others). As FlyChicaga stated "good things (WILL!) happen to good people"...couldn't have summed it up better in your case.

Keep your chin up, and we'll all be sending some positive kharma your way!

-Earl

Latest resources

Back