• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

On the bubble for SWA interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know several people who have been hired from 100% corporate - two are in class right now.

As far as my friend who just interviewed: Most of her time was 121 and has a few contact in the company which I'm sure helped in some way.

7500 TT, 4000 121 Jet PIC, 1500 121 TP PIC, first interview with no type 7-2001, got type this year in Feb.... no call and I have even tried to get input from PD at HQ..... anyone have a guess????

SizzleChest said:
7500 TT, 4000 121 Jet PIC, 1500 121 TP PIC, first interview with no type 7-2001, got type this year in Feb.... no call and I have even tried to get input from PD at HQ..... anyone have a guess????

I'll guess that SWA no longer looks favorably upon previously unsuccessful interviewees.

Which makes for a good question. How many of the recent interviewees fit that description? How many are on a repeat attempt?

Cal

I know someone who was a RJ FO, knew no one, had no type, got called for Sept 2001 interview, interview cancelled due to 9/11, then when they started calling again they reinstated the type requirement to interview. Then when they dropped that requirement, he got the type, is a captain now with plenty of time, and still cannot get called!

WTF?

Do you think if people on the inside at SWA could pass on unkind words to PD which would prevent you from getting the call...... some people have an ax to grind and I wonder if that could kill ya before you ever make an interview list....?

SizzleChest said:
Do you think if people on the inside at SWA could pass on unkind words to PD which would prevent you from getting the call...... some people have an ax to grind and I wonder if that could kill ya before you ever make an interview list....?

No the "list" only gets posted after a candidate is selected for an interview. Then pilots can make their inputs known. It is my understanding that a single "vedetta" type revenge posting will not knock a candidate out. The PD will call the recommending (or unrecommending) pilot and get specifics. Then they will dig deeper, it takes more that one person who doesn't like you to establish an undesiable pattern of behavior is idendified. We hire a lot of folks who've held leaderships positions, and somtimes that kind of job means you have to do the unpopular, but right thing. If that is the case, don't sweat it. On the otherhand, if you are consistantly a jerk .....

Method to the madness?

FR8dognit said:
My times are as follows:

3400 total
+- 1450 PIC Turbine
With a 737 type from HPA.
I have friends that have already gotten two interviews and I haven't seen one yet. Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do. I work in a corporate flight dept. with only one AC and two pilots. We fly about 200 hours a year. any suggestions? Should I go somewhere that I will fly more? Am I on the bubble for an interview? Is my PIC time too low?
Any input would be greatly appreciated

Hey FR8dognit,

The weird part is that I don't think you can ever know if you are on the bubble to interview. My time is 4200 tt 2700 pic turb 700 pic jet and I thought I was on the bubble about 1 year and a half ago based on PD saying that with 1800 turb pic you could get the call. I'm sure that if you are a Part 135 driver it will take you more time than for military or 121 drivers. Also, while it's not said, civilian guys are expected to have more total time than military, regardless of your PIC time. The selection criteria probably specifies that.
Keep a good attitude, keep flying and most importantly, stay out of trouble!

sat74: I don't think they changed the type requirement in the time frame you mentioned. I was also scheduled for an interview in Sep 01 that was canceled due to 9/11. I didn't have the type then. I was rescheduled for the interview in Jan 02, right after they resumed interviews, again without the type.

I don't think the fact that your friend didn't have the type should have affected him/her getting called back for another interview. Perhaps they didn't continue to update or moved and couldn't be contacted. I don't know, but from my experience (which was a good one) if he/she was scheduled for an interview pre 9/11 without the type they would have been first in line for an interview once the interviews resumed (Jan 02).

SWA was way more than decent about the whole situation, a class act all the way.

FJ

Latest resources

Back