• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FR8dognit

Good Ole'boys club member
My times are as follows:

3400 total
+- 1450 PIC Turbine
With a 737 type from HPA.
I have friends that have already gotten two interviews and I haven't seen one yet. Anyone have any ideas on what else I can do. I work in a corporate flight dept. with only one AC and two pilots. We fly about 200 hours a year. any suggestions? Should I go somewhere that I will fly more? Am I on the bubble for an interview? Is my PIC time too low?
Any input would be greatly appreciated

FR8dognit said:
Am I on the bubble for an interview? Is my PIC time too low?
Any input would be greatly appreciated

The last thing I heard was 1700 Turbine PIC was the minimum number for the call. That may change, but as the number of typed apps gets lower, the number of people getting types keep going up. Good luck though.

With 3400hrs Turbine PIC, and 2000 PIC Jet, I'm still waiting for the call too. :confused:
All 121 time.

Last edited:
Friend of mine just interviewed with 1500 TPIC.

I'm in the same boat with you guys......1019 TPIC for myself but I'm building time at a little faster rate.

Best of luck to you.

LR45JI said:
Friend of mine just interviewed with 1500 TPIC.

Could you elaborate about this guy's time a little more... Just curious.

5500TT, 14XX PIC turb/73 type...... no call.

2100 Jet PIC, no phone call.
No one on this board will say it but I think that they just don't like Part 135 time. It seems to be mostly military or Part 121 guys getting the call.

good luck,
Johnny

6500 TT, 3000 PIC turbo prop 121, 4-year, B737 type, paper app in '02 then the e-app. Somebody mentioned SWA not liking 135 time, but I'm starting to wonder if they even like turbo-prop time! SWA has been at the top of my list for a lotta years, but I admit I'm starting to get a little discouraged as I too have seen people interview twice when I haven't even had the first one!

I just did an interview this month. 7000 TT, 4800 Turboprop, 3600 Turboprop PIC, no jet time.

Maybe they just want more prop hours vs. jet hours? Don't know... But they're definitely calling turboprop guys, too. Five people from my company (all Beech 1900 pilots) got called this month for interviews.

The pattern I see from reading these post is that SWA prefers ANY 121 time over Part 135 time. 121 Prop drivers are getting more calls than 135 Jet drivers.

Good luck,
Johnny

Latest resources

Back