• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

on-demand 135 rumor mill

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is Cherry Air doing? We don't see them on our ramp anymore. I hear that both Cherry and Ameristar might be done to about three DA-20's, anyone know? We are still operating 6 DA-20's, but the flying is slow.

ameristar has about 10 falcons up and running.

you guys should let it go. aji is a safe as you make it. if the planes broke act like a captain and down that bird where she sits. don't ever do dispatch any "favors" flying broken airplanes. all you did was make it that much harder for the next guy to down an airplane.

Royal Air going out of business would really surprise me. Their facilities and aircraft are all paid for, and they had a record year last year.

Financially speaking, they are probably in better shape than any other 135 company out there. Slow times during the year or even a slow year never seem to hurt them.

I was in Toledo last week and they said all the pilots were fired except the CP. I checked flight aware yesterday and saw one of there planes flying though, N566YT?

Cherry only has 3 Falcons flying, and not many crews. Slow times and they furloughed 3 FO's. Hope it picks up soon.

Pilotyip, we don't come through YIP unless we just have to. Takes to long to get fuel from yall, jk.

I second what landlover has to say about Ameristar. Let it rest. If the plane is broke we down it. We have at least 10 Falcons up and going its just a matter of crewing them all because we only have around 10 or 12 crews at the moment which is probably a good thing considering I haven't even left YIP this week. It is extremely slow right now. If we had more pilots than we have now we would probably be letting some go. As for Royal having a record year last year I would have to probably say the same for Ameristar. In the first four months last year I had a little over 300 hours and this year I have crap! Probably just over 100...its rather depressing!

Hopefully things will start picking up for you guys before the july slo-down happens.

always a July slow down

Hopefully things will start picking up for you guys before the july slo-down happens.
no matter waht happens, there is always a July slowdown. Just waiting for American Axle strike to end

I'm surprised surprised late auto parts can support as many companies as it does. Every time I fly a trip that isn't auto parts I get excited because I think my company is finally trying to diversify a little bit. Well, I'm not sure I'd really like to diversify like Kalitta Charters does.

For now I'm going to wait patiently for a load that doesn't need to be there very quickly that is too big for a Metroliner, but not big enough for a Convair. Seriously, how does this industry work?

no matter waht happens, there is always a July slowdown. Just waiting for American Axle strike to end

I'd say that's wrapping up now. GM is kicking in 200 million to end it.

FAA inspects USA Jet

FAA was here for a week of inspection, no class A or B findings. Which means no findings. Praise for many of the areas inspected as the best they have ever seen. They said the inspection was easy to complete because questions were easily answered by very knowlegible people, who could produce supporting documentation. They were impressed with the number of manuals we had, that there were individuals responsible for the manuals by name, the manuals interfaced with almost seamless continuity. This reflects the professionalism of all the USA Jet Airlines employees in running one the finest airline in the United States. Everyone is to be congratulated for all your hard work and effort to make this a great airline. To quote Root, we are all in the same boat, even though I say we still have a port and starboard side.

Last edited:
FAA was here for a week of inspection, no class A or B findings. Which means no findings. Praise for many of the areas inspected as the best they have ever seen. They said the inspection was easy to complete because questions were easily answered by very knowlegible people, who could produce supporting documentation. They were impressed with the number of manuals we had, that there were individuals responsible for the manuals by name, the manuals interfaced with almost seamless continuity. This reflects the professionalism of all the USA Jet Airlines employees in running one the finest airline in the United States. Everyone is to be congratulated for all your hard work and effort to make this a great airline. To quote Root, we are all in the same boat, even though I say we still have a port and starboard side.

that's great and all but what does this have to do with other cargo operators going out of biz? if you want your ego stroked start a new thread.

Latest resources

Back