Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni Pilots - Anyone Willing to Answer a Few Questions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, so it's still bottom of the barrel international widebody time with horrendous schedules but great crews, etc etc. Let's say someone still wants to roll the dice: What's the hiring outlook? Are they more inclined towards RJ pilots or 135 freightdogs? I've heard training is tough, what's the washout rate? What's the consensus on why guys wash out? Competitive mins? You know the drill.

Thanks.

Ok, so it's still bottom of the barrel international widebody time with horrendous schedules but great crews, etc etc. Let's say someone still wants to roll the dice: What's the hiring outlook? Are they more inclined towards RJ pilots or 135 freightdogs? I've heard training is tough, what's the washout rate? What's the consensus on why guys wash out? Competitive mins? You know the drill.

Thanks.
Training is kinda tough just because they throw so much at you in such a short period of time. I don't think the washout rate is all that high because if they take the time and $ to hire and train you, if they think you are salvageable they will give you some extra training. Pay is at the bottom and so is the schedule. Having said that, if I wasn't married I'd probably still be there. I really liked flying the -10 and everyone I worked with was pretty cool.

Latest resources

Back