Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni interview in TUL next week - Help !!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

critical mach

Hello....................

I have an interview in Tulsa, Ok. next week with Omni International.

Can someone pass on to me the "gouge" and what to expect. I truly would like to get this job.

For your information I am a National Airlines in LAS pilot (757) Focus Air Cargo - FLL (747) and a Hooters pilot (737).

My concern is I am not current, laid off, and have no experience in CPDLC, Fly by wire, ETOPS, ACARS, etc.

I have been told the flying is being picked up from World/NAA and is based in IAD and is back/forth to Madrid and Afghanistan - -any comments ??

Please help a pilot out - -that's what this forum is all about !!!!

Best of luck to all the interviewees.

Critical mach

My concern is I am not current, laid off, and have no experience in CPDLC, Fly by wire, ETOPS, ACARS, etc.

So, focus on what you DO have, not on what you don't have.

Hello....................

I have an interview in Tulsa, Ok. next week with Omni International.

Can someone pass on to me the "gouge" and what to expect. I truly would like to get this job.

For your information I am a National Airlines in LAS pilot (757) Focus Air Cargo - FLL (747) and a Hooters pilot (737).

I have been told the flying is being picked up from World/NAA and is based in IAD and is back/forth to Madrid and Afghanistan - -any comments ??

Please help a pilot out - -that's what this forum is all about !!!!

Best of luck to all the interviewees.

Critical mach

Don't worry about it. I got hired there when I was a lowly RJ FO, and not a very experienced one at that. If anything your past experience is a big plus...even if it's not much.

The interview may have changed a bit since I did it in 2006, but it's mainly get to know you type questions. There was a short written test, but mostly basic stuff out of the AIM. I did a sim evaluation in a God awful PCATD in the office. I've heard guys in more recent years being evaluated in the full motion 767 sim in MIA.

Omni doesn't actually have CPDLC, ACARS and fly by wire is 777 only. ETOPS you can learn in about an hour or two, but they somehow turn it into an all day event. Either way....most guys coming in are in the same boat, and you'll be taught everything you need to know.

Keep in mind that on the 767 side, where they tend to hire most into, there's currently a 90 day TDY deal going on in Madrid (flying to Santa Cruz, Bolivia and back). You will be junior assigned to this within days or months after hitting the line, and there's no way out of it. You will be gone from home and staying in an airport hotel the entire 90 days, without enough time off to jump seat home. It's not a bad deal for the right person, but if you have any kind of a life at home, you may want to think carefully about that.

The flying from NAA to Afghanistan is a different can of worms, and due to the security background check requirements, it's unlikely anyone will be flying this unwillingly. How that plays out has yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back