Omni Air Int'l 767-300

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.skyliner-aviation.de/viewphoto.main?LC=nav2&picid=5913

I like the added color. Fleet addition or replacement ? Hopefully a few guys will get calls.

I believe they have guys out on furlough so if there are calls it will be for "re-calls" which yes I agree would be a very good thing. Last I heard the planned replacement for the -10 are older 777's down the line. This is from someone I know that works there:

As announced today, Omni has acquired a B-767-300ER to join the B-757 fleet for operations in military and/or commercial flying opportunities. The addition of this aircraft gives Omni the flexibility to explore business ventures requiring aircraft between the B-757 and DC-10 capabilities. These aircraft are NOT a replacement for the DC-10, as Omni has spent over 12 million dollars on that fleet for continued operations requiring large capacity...

This additional aircraft will also allow the recall of 17 furloughed pilots. The recall will begin as soon as transition and/or recurrent classes are scheduled in June.

Last edited:
I have a friend that is going to Tulsa on the 28th to start ground school on the DC-10. He was hired last year but his classes were postponed a time or two before they finally cancelled it. He said there were 6 people in the class.

Any talk of Omni hiring soon?

I have a friend that is going to Tulsa on the 28th to start ground school on the DC-10. He was hired last year but his classes were postponed a time or two before they finally cancelled it. He said there were 6 people in the class.

Do those newhires go to the FE seat on the 10, or the FO seat? Are the DC10 schedules better than the 757 schedules? Will this new 763 do Europe stuff too, or mainly domestic MAC? I saw the new 763 on the north side of the airport this week here in ATL, and I like the new paint job too.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Glad to see you guys hiring again. I saw the 763 myself in ATL and it looked pretty nice. Is Omni looking to replace its DC10 fleet with 763s?

New dress, Same dirty old whore!

Hey DC10FO,

Do you think DC10 pilots will bid the 757/767 or will they tend to stay on the DC10? Do you get much movement between fleets? What would be the benefit to remaining on the DC10 fleet if you are already there?

Latest resources

Back