• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni Air International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We used to run in to lots of Omni crews on overseas trips (ATA). They all seemed nice enough, and although I wouldn't call it a $hithole, it's just one of those places that is a stopover for most people (like TransMeridian, North American, USA3000, etc.). It's charter, so what can you expect, the pay will never be stellar but the flying is probably ok for the time being. If you just need a job, it is what it is.

Does it really matter? so much of these posts end up in the "wrong" spots, don't think it makes much of a difference. Is AirTran a major as well - there are tons of posts about them. They should just make an "SWA" and "FedEx" forum and then put everything else under "Has Been".

Hey Forgedblade as long as the criteria for being a major is 1 bil and 1% of pax enplanements than AirTran IS a major. Save the bs about our work rules and pay because it's already been debated.

sat74 said:
Anyone know what the typical schedules are for the DC10, where training is conducted and how long etc?

I understand that the DC-10 sim training is conducted in Miami by Aero Services. I also that Omni still has openings for their Aug. 29 DC-10 class. So I hear thru the grapevine...

jimcav said:
Hey Forgedblade as long as the criteria for being a major is 1 bil and 1% of pax enplanements than AirTran IS a major. Save the bs about our work rules and pay because it's already been debated.

I wasn't debating work rules or pay and could really care less. If AirTran has made to the $1bil mark, then great, I wasn't honestly sure.

Latest resources

Back