• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Omni Air International Hiring First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good people at Omni, just crap pay and QOL. Interesting flying. Short term job.

Spot on.It is a time builder or pay check while you are furloughed. Can be fun for a while if you are single and want to see the world. Can also cause divorce. Careful what you wish for.

Which equipment types are newhires getting recently? DC-10 or 757/767? If both are offered, how are equipment choices allocated?

I assume with the incoming 777s that slots have opened in both fleets.

Heard 757 has been where most of the newhires have been allocated. Got the call from them but turned it down. Incredably nice people to speak with. Captain who was a mutual friend told me typically 18-20 days straight, possibly extended to 22. Pay rates are a joke. Hopefully for everyone currently employed there things will change with a new contract. Interesting flying if your single and have a nice trust fund set up. Bigger the plane, bigger the suitcase.

I am treading water in the pool. Anyone interview after the end of February get a class date yet?

Last edited:
I am treading water in the pool. Anyone interview after the end of February get a class date yet?

First week of March new-hire, no word yet, I am not expecting anything until July/August time-frame but hoping for a call soon just to schedule it up...would put me at ease. I heard mainly 75/76 classes for now, no DC10 classes for awhile, 777 may have vacancies but for the benefit of current line pilots (in seat locks), I hope they get first dibs. Last class assigned to a 02/14 interviewee was June 21st. That's all I know!

And yes it's 18 days on, but you can bid for schedules that have other variations of the 18 days. They can extend you up to 4-days. Overtime is key to making money with current pay schedule. New and improved contract expected in 2-3 months from what I hear.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back