• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wake Up!

I called it...back in May.
It happened just as I suspected.
But now he's the hero in the union vocalists' eyes?
Am I in the freaking TWILIGHT ZONE?
Some alternate reality where VOR is needing to say "be careful" of the wolf in sheep's clothing??????!!!!
Ay, yauy yauy.....

unstable...

Well after you've drunk the Kool_aid, after accusing ME of doing so way back when, don't say I didn't warn you. He's good...VERY good, but you have the privelege of experience to warn you. Expect NOTHING less than NJs contract (in fact MORE since Flops, like SW cuts corners on everything else).

KR knows full well that we're about to hit another upswing in the industry, so he needs to move fast in restoring us back to years ago wages (nevermind all that has been lost in between then) because everyone is "so scared" about fuel and the rest of the industry right now. Well, we aren't going away anytime soon, and all it will take is a sale to a bigger nonunion group and decert will happen instantly.

I hope there is a way to protect that, WORSE YET, the NJ's guys dumped IBT perhaps so we won't be the same union, so their BIGGER group will have no qualms about stapling the entire flops group to the bottom. Yup, laugh, but I'll pull this post up yet again when it happens. After all, we're ALL in the "USED aircraft" business now aren't we? One & the same :nuts:

(BTW "Glass Pilot" obviously you don't even work for a frac based on your a/c profile, so what makes you think YOU know how "unstable" my words are? You haven't a CLUE what is going on here)

Last edited:
Well, we aren't going away anytime soon, and all it will take is a sale to a bigger nonunion group and decert will happen instantly.

WORSE YET, the NJ's guys dumped IBT perhaps so we won't be the same union, so their BIGGER group will have no qualms about stapling the entire flops group to the bottom.

VOR-

I've been around KR for a long time. He knows that he will need to earn our trust. And while all indications are he's working quickly to regain it, he also knows it will take time. A review of the TA (when it is complete) will give us all quite a bit of insight to just how much trust he wants from the pilots.

I'm sure KR doesn't want Flight Options to be hamstrung by a CBA. However, a comprehensive scope clause will go a long way towards protecting us from the scenario you proffer. I think we all need to see how the scope clause will read before we start worrying about the sky falling.

Remember, a TA is just that - a TENTATIVE Agreement. Once we've all had a chance to review TA, and if we conclude scope doesn't have has sufficient teeth, then we'll have to vote it down.

Latest resources

Back