• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OMG! ROFLMAO! "Management by TRUST" by Kenn Ricci

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm. When you put it like that, I DO agree - she has the right to be selfish there though, doesn't she? Her husband's Union has ensured his payroll, life style, work rules and benefits. She enjoys her company fully-funded health care plan, again, thanks to the Union. She sees her husband has the highest-paying salary in fractional aviation, which is WAY above ALL commuters and many of the low-cost majors. She sees her husband 7 days at a time and at least 14 days a month or they are properly compensated if he works longer.

Her life style and their happiness, she owes to her husband's Union. The company he works for enjoys a symbiotic relationship with the Union that has done nothing but show growth, success, and profit since their contract was signed in 2005, and pilots and management together work hard to maximize the company's profits and ensures its future. Together.

So what's your selfish excuses? The selfishness YOU display toward flight options pilots and our management (which you say you have NOTHING to do with) does... what, exactly?

I'd like to see B19's "solution" to flight options' problem, and how the Union is not a part of that. I want to see how B19 thinks our pilot group would be better without the Union (because things were OH so good before the Union was voted in).

Come on, B19. Give me your best. Right now. Earn F&H's money they are paying you. Or, earn that salary if you really are BT like so many believe.

Show us all how the Union is bad and that you have another way for us. But bring your facts. My bet is, you will only polish and shine the horns that are on managements' head when you do so. Put your money where your mouth is.

It's simple. Flight Options is screwed because of the union effort.

Pilots that didn't have the nuts or credentials to fly elsewhere decided to bring a union into a company that was and has been teetering on the edge for quite some time like it was going to fix something.

Instead, it's brought three years of turmoil, downsizing and a bunch of fired employees.

All said and done, even if there is a CBA, the pilots will be paid a little more, the work rules will be a little different and the owners will have to pay more.

The cash bucket will have less after the CBA than before, airplanes are still gonna break and pilots will continue to whine because the support staff doesn't get it done because the company can only afford to hire minimal staff because all the money goes to the pilots.

Yep, Flight Options is screwed and y'all ain't smart enough or don't have the credentials to bail out while the gettin' is good.

He didn't answer any of my questions, did he?

The company is screwed, I agree, because their piss-poor management and harrassment of the pilots FORCED the pilots to unionize.

Why the hell should the pilots, who have all been there longer than just about anyone in management, be the ones to leave? The pilots are career employees. Management is not. Why the hell should we leave a good career and a good job when it isn't we that are the problem, it's the fact that management can do what they want to us without a contract? GET a contract, and that goes away.

Perhaps you should take your own advise, and if you don't like managing here, leave. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Net Jets' management got it - take care of the pilots and the pilots will take care of you. They are enjoying profits hand over fist, along with healthy relations with their unionized employees (which includes mechanics and I believe the flight attendants, and possibly even the dispatchers).

Flight Options refuses to take care of their pilots, so the pilots are NOT going to take care of them until that happens.

Management has the power to change that whenever they want. All they have to do is treat the pilots as they deserve to be treated; as the other pilots at the other fractionals are treated: Fairly.

B19 blames the Union on the company's problem, which is CLASSIC management style. They refuse to recognize that it is the managers' fault the union exists in the first place, always pointing their finger at everyone else instead of in the mirror.

Try again, B19. I know it's hard and pushes your reading comprehension skills, but RTFQ's. Stop BLAMING and start providing the solutions you purport to have - or do you not have any and are just bitching? But remember, bring your facts, or you'll look even more like an idiot.

Last edited:
Try again, B19. I know it's hard and pushes your reading comprehension skills, but RTFQ's. Stop BLAMING and start providing the solutions - or do you not have any? But remember, bring your facts, or you'll look even more like an idiot

Remember he is management, and he has no solutions that is somebody elses job.

It's simple. Flight Options is screwed because of the union effort.

Pilots that didn't have the nuts or credentials to fly elsewhere decided to bring a union into a company that was and has been teetering on the edge for quite some time like it was going to fix something.

I have seen multiple management teams come here and attempt to manage the company. They seem to last an average of about 2 years. Some actually grew the company, and some shrunk it. Most made promises or had "visions" about the future, but none have delivered so far. Most of the Pilots at Options have more years invested in the company that most of management. Yes, we are trying to fix something because no one else has done it for us.
All said and done, even if there is a CBA, the pilots will be paid a little more, the work rules will be a little different and the owners will have to pay more.

Pricing our services a bit higher is one way, however, maybe you are failing to understand is that there are other ways to gain efficiency and increase your margin. If we are going to lead the "value proposition", according to Kenn, then maybe we should explore those other ways. Establishing a good working relationship with the front line employees would be a good start.

The cash bucket will have less after the CBA than before, airplanes are still gonna break and pilots will continue to whine because the support staff doesn't get it done because the company can only afford to hire minimal staff because all the money goes to the pilots.

Ha Ha... this is laughable.

Yep, Flight Options is screwed and y'all ain't smart enough or don't have the credentials to bail out while the gettin' is good.

And right here ladies an gentlemen, is where he shows his true agenda!

Latest resources

Back