• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oliver Paul Reason Jr. Drunk & Fired

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK, here's a stupid questions from some one not in the industry...

Let's say you over-indulge on a layover, wake up and realize that either a) you're in no shape to get in the cockpit with a bunch of paying customers in the back, or b) you probably could hack it, but the look on your face and stench in your breath would make any gate agent cringe. What are the implications of taking yourself out by calling in sick? Do some carriers have "mulligans"? I know that it's far better to make the hard call and take the consequences, and I think that most carriers would like an atmosphere where it's better to to pull yourself out than risk this type of media blitz. Anyone care to shed some light?

Wanna Dance?

"Like my old Irish granny used to say: if you want to dance, you've got to pay the piper!"
Simply put, anyone can make a bad decision on any given day. The question is how will you handle your next decision? Will you make it worse? I don't think any airline out there has "mulligans" in a situation like this. This is just one of those areas in aviation where there ain't a whole lot of room for gray areas. Although one would never guess it by how we're molested at the security check points, pilots actually are held to a "higher" standard. This is just one of those areas we can't mess around with. I'm sure there's an after school special in there somewhere.

-Blucher

Boeingman said:
All that shut her trap up fairly quick.

Yep, She's a lying piece of excrement. Since her overly defensive fiction on Sunday, she's been back twice, yesterday morning and today at lunch. Not a peep from her. Looks like she didn't really "Earn her wings in the USAF" or "Fly in two conflicts". But then again, we already knew that, didn't we?

LJDRVR said:
Yep, She's a lying piece of excrement. Since her overly defensive fiction on Sunday, she's been back twice, yesterday morning and today at lunch. Not a peep from her. Looks like she didn't really "Earn her wings in the USAF" or "Fly in two conflicts". But then again, we already knew that, didn't we?

She must be back on her meds or was recaptured and put back in the rubber room. Or, maybe her husband took her computer away and put her back to work in the house.

Speaking of lying pieces of excrement:

gadawgsjetgirl

Civ/Mil: Civilian
A/C Flown: MD80 BE27
Ratings: ATP CFII
Total Time: 3000

Lady, if you're going to lie to us, at least be consistent about it. If you "earned your wings" in the military, why did you put "Civilian" in your profile? If you're going to create a fabricated life, you need to think it through first.

And I'm getting a little hungry for a sammich myself. :D

Hmmm... something just occurred to me.

gadawgsjetgirl

gadawgsjetgirl

Dawg's Girl

Dog's Girl...
What's another word for that? I can't quite put it together... :D

slowto250 said:
Have a little fun on the next trip you don't want to fly. Swagger and stagger your way thru the TSA's crack team of "profilers", enroute to the gate. I know, I know...... who could possibly deceive this fortress of security masterminds ???

I can't stop laughing...:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back