• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

klhoard

Frozen human waste from jet crashes onto car
Driver upset because no-one wants to pay for damage, glob removal

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:27 a.m. ET Feb. 1, 2005

LEOMINSTER, Mass. - It came from the friendly skies, and caused quite a bit of damage.

advertisement
Frozen waste from a jet’s toilet smashed onto a woman’s car last week, crushing part of the roof and shattering the windshield.

A Massachusetts woman says no one is willing to help her pay for the repairs, or take responsibility.

Nina Gambone says federal aviation officials determined the chunk of frozen debris came from a jet’s lavatory. But, a spokesman says they can’t do anything unless it can identify the airline responsible.

Gambone says she called her fire department in Leominster, which says they can’t remove the glob because it is classified as hazardous waste.

The only good news is the woman and her 13-year-old son had just left the car before it was hit.

Last edited:
klhoard said:
A Massachusetts woman says no one is willing to help her pay for the repairs, or take responsibility.

Nina Gambone says federal aviation officials determined the chunk of frozen debris came from a jet’s lavatory. But, a spokesman says they can’t do anything unless it can identify the airline responsible.

Gambone says she called her fire department in Leominster, which says they can’t remove the glob because it is classified as hazardous waste.

The only good news is the woman and her 13-year-old son had just left the car before it was hit.
It's pretty simple, she gets an attorney and sues the airport. If it hit just after she got out of the car, she should know what time it was. Radar tapes would determine whether or not the plane was going into what airfield and could possibly point out which aircraft it was.

I doubt she's that smart.. .

klhoard said:
I doubt she's that smart.. .
I doubt it as well. What dunce would go to the FAA in a vain attempt at seeking to be made whole again.

Island Hopper said:
It sounds like neither her or her son were hurt. So comprehensive insurance should cover any damages.
I get it, I pay higher insurance so that large corporations can go around and negligently damage cars. As a result, it raises my car insurance rates. That's coool. But in the meantime, who gets the kids to the sitter, drives the lady to work and runs around getting three estimates for the repair work and then pays for the rental car while the car is in getting repaired? Me? Just because I also pay car insurance?

I don't get it? If I get drunk and sideswipe a bunch of cars when I leave a tavern, or I'm too busy talking on my cell phone and do the same, shouldn't I be allowed the same right to be so cavalier. After all, if no one is hurt, their insurance will pick up the tab...what's the harm?

Latest resources

Back