• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OJAP- Organization of Jewish Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Jews pursuaded (sp) the Romans to kill Christ? Get real, the Romans persecuted the Jewish people. Since when were they going to listen to them?
Oy Vey

Atafan,

I was just joking....

I know you were. I just wanted to make the point that besides what some might think I believe Christians and Jews are more united by our faith than we give credit. We should grow on that unity and give a deaf ear to those that seek to divide and cause hate.

How about a guest membership to some of us Goys. :)

I can attest that being Jewish in a predominantly Southern Baptist town is challenging at best... downright uncomfortable at worst.

Interestingly, i'm not particularly religious. I haven't been to synagogue since my Bar Mitzvah. But now that I have a son I want him to have the opportunity to learn his heritage and benefit from the moral lessons that religion teaches. (although I acknowledge that morals could be taught at home with or without religion).

In this town it would not be unlikely for a child to come home from preschool with a coloring-book page of Jesus. There is a church with not one, but three 50 foot-tall crosses. It is not uncommon to see folks praying before they eat at restaurants.

I realize the challenges of raising a Jewish child in this environment and, despite the lack of religion in my own life, I feel he will feel less exclusion if it is in his.

Same here. I even went to a Baptist kindergarten. It was the only thing in town aside from public school. My parents nearly sharted when their nice Jewish boy was on stage singing "Jesus Loves Me". No BS, there was a tornado that night after we got home......

Things have changed considerably here since then.

Last edited:
Your mother's must all be so disappointed that you became airline pilots instead of doctors or laywers?

I ask myself that every day, Bender...

(Then I remember that I've had 2 of the last 4 months off, and realize this gig has its perks, too. :D But I gotta get out of the house; there's only so much Grand Theft Auto a man can play!)

Forget my mother. I'M disappointed that I didn't become a doctor or lawyer. What was I thinking???

My bro is an attorney. He's a partner in a medium sized firm in Newport Beach. He works 14+ hours a day M-F, and many hours every weekend. Sure, he makes a very good living, but he's never home to enjoy any of it.

I'll take being a pilot and making 1/3 of what he does and enjoying my life.

My bro is an attorney. He's a partner in a medium sized firm in Newport Beach. He works 14+ hours a day M-F, and many hours every weekend. Sure, he makes a very good living, but he's never home to enjoy any of it.

I'll take being a pilot and making 1/3 of what he does and enjoying my life.

Exactly.

hmmm. Let's see. In 11 years in this profession my salary went from $13,000/yr to a little over $100,000/yr, back to $25,000, and finally to the mid $50s. I've been furloughed 3 times, worked for 7 airlines and one corporation.

Yup. Shoulda been a lawyer.

Latest resources

Back