Oil over $108 / Barrel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flyer1015 said:
There is no reason why ANYONE should be driving a SUV/car that consumes less than 20 miles/gallon.

My pickup gets 15mph, and I drive it because (among other reasons) its paid for and reliable.

Taking on a loan to buy a new vehicle simply because of fuel economy is a financially stupid decision...

How about we (the good ole US of A) get a real "Energy Policy"! But no....we need to listen to some liberal pansies that want us to hedge our futures on some unstable dictator in the middle east and drive a smart car.

Gadhafi is a monster to his people. Yet you want him to remain in power so the oil markets remain stable, the best "financial outcome" for us. Amazing. He just threatened his own people that those who will not stop protesting will be executed. Well, here's some news for you. Peoples' free will cannot be oppressed forever. They may deal with it or put up with it for months, years, decades, maybe even centuries. But at some point, a line will be drawn when enough is enough. It has started now. These oppressive tyrants will be forced out, slowly. Dictatorships, especially with tyrants, is not a good form of government. So what if a new regime means uncertainty and higher oil prices for us? Get used to, we've riden the gravy train for too long. Paying 3 bucks per gallon is cheap compared to the rest of the world. I say let the price go up. There is no reason why ANYONE should be driving a SUV/car that consumes less than 20 miles/gallon. Oil is a natural limited resource, and we should be investing heavily in other sources for cars. Anyway, I look forward to the people of Libya uniting together and fighting it all out against their tyrant, oppressive government dictator. Let freedom ring. We got ours, seems others are now following suit. In the long run, less Islamic dictators is better for everyone.

You think Egypt or Libya is bad? Just wait until this revolution/uprising comes into Saudi Arabia. The Saudi royal family is viewed by its citizens as nothing more than puppets for the American government, in cahoots with them. Wait until it spreads there, and watch the price of oil shoot up even more.

News flash.... The Libyan people HATE YOU! These people have NO IDEA what freedom is or what democracy entails. They (as does the rest of the Middle East) know how to demonstrate and scream death to America, Israel, Europe, etc. As soon as Gaddafi is gone they will all be standing with their hands out looking for the government to supply them with food, shelter, and medical aid. When they don't get it guess who they are gonna blame......wait for it...... America, Israel, Europe, etc. These people don't know what a democracy is let alone how to form and maintain one. As soon as they realize that in a democracy a Christian and a Jew have equal rights to a Muslim the country gets burned down again. I'm not saying that the average Libyan is a terrorist, but they have been led by one for almost 50 years. That alone makes the outcome of this latest uprising scary. I listen to some people with the "let freedom ring" stuff and it makes me laugh. It's almost as if they think the Libyan (Egyptian, Tunisian) George Washington is going to come charging into battle on his white horse demanding ALL people of these countries (including women) have equal rights and freedom. This is NOT 1776 and there is NO Libyan George Washington. However, there are plenty of Libyan and Egyptian radical groups chomping at the bit to get into power. Freedom and Democracy are great, but not all cultures and countries are suited for it. Name one successful Middle Eastern democracy (other than Turkey)..........

Name one successful Middle Eastern democracy (other than Turkey)..........

Israel.

Seriously though, Lebanon scores higher on the Democracy Index than Turkey does.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back