• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil is up! Park the 50's!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think they should start parking all those 737-5, 752s and 762s then too! Come on E170!

Fly whatever A/C is the most efficient. United/CAL pilots fly United flying. MGT. is welcome to fly the most efficient A/C without abused labor subsidizing their business with sweatshop wages that will never rise.

Just curious what is the appropriate rate for a cardboard box?

You need to ask that question from one of the cargo carriers,
please post in the Cargo section. :eek:

Wholly crap I'm almost a moderator! lol

Last edited:
Highest in two years. Come on ual park the 50's and bring the Guppy's back online then recall my a**! Anybody think this could happen?

Let's see here.... oil is expensive so you want to bring back a 130 seat airplane to replace to the 50 seat airplane.

The thing your missing is that the 50 people on the RJ are the people willing to pay the higher ticket prices.

If you put a 130 seat airplane in place of it then you end up with 50 or so people paying the higher last minute ticket price and 60 or 70 other people tagging along who are only flying since they got an advance purchase seat for $29.

That's why RJs make sense and there are so many of them. They let you keep the high dollar passengers and forget about the $29 people.

The higher gas prices go the more sense smaller airplanes make even if it's a 787 instead of a 747. Sure the seat mile cost is better on the bigger airplane, but what's your average revenue per seat compared to the seat mile cost?

The 747 is great if you can sell all or most of the seats at good prices, but if you have to sell out half the airplane at dirt cheap 3+ month advance purchase prices to fill all the seats by departure then what's the point of a big airplane on the route?

Why not put an airplane with half the seats on the flight if you can still get 80% of the revenue and make more money by not bothering with the low price people? That's why no one in the US is buying 747s anymore for passenger ops.

Cheers,
Scott

Let's see here.... oil is expensive so you want to bring back a 130 seat airplane to replace to the 50 seat airplane.

The thing your missing is that the 50 people on the RJ are the people willing to pay the higher ticket prices.

If you put a 130 seat airplane in place of it then you end up with 50 or so people paying the higher last minute ticket price and 60 or 70 other people tagging along who are only flying since they got an advance purchase seat for $29.

That's why RJs make sense and there are so many of them. They let you keep the high dollar passengers and forget about the $29 people.

The higher gas prices go the more sense smaller airplanes make even if it's a 787 instead of a 747. Sure the seat mile cost is better on the bigger airplane, but what's your average revenue per seat compared to the seat mile cost?

The 747 is great if you can sell all or most of the seats at good prices, but if you have to sell out half the airplane at dirt cheap 3+ month advance purchase prices to fill all the seats by departure then what's the point of a big airplane on the route?

Why not put an airplane with half the seats on the flight if you can still get 80% of the revenue and make more money by not bothering with the low price people? That's why no one in the US is buying 747s anymore for passenger ops.

Cheers,
Scott

This guy was the kid that ate the glue in 2nd grade art class.

I want out of my regional for sure, but one thing that offsets the higher oil prices is the added bag fees. That does provide more of an economic cushion.

I want out of my regional for sure, but one thing that offsets the higher oil prices is the added bag fees. That does provide more of an economic cushion.

Kind of like saying the fat chick would be ugly if it weren't for her overpriced lipstick. Enjoy your RJ dude, every day you are there is a day closer to the right seat if oil continues to go up.

yeh yeh u boys be saying dat for yrs now, RJs here to stay, and 100 seaters soon for the regionals, enjoy your payoff pay raise and your 30 yrs in the right seat :laugh:

My thought process is parking two or three 50's for every guppy brought back. Seems to be way to much overlap in the system. Eight flts a day to a medium city in 50's from three different hubs doesn't make much sense even from a convience stand point.

:laugh: your "thought process"????? u be in marketing now??? seems mgt making rj frequency work, has for yrs now, but keep posting your crap on here your buds will eat it up

Latest resources

Back