Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
T Boone was just on Fox, his opinion, it's going higher

T Boner makes money by saying that. If I could make money in piles of $hit, I would poop more.

Bye Bye--General Lee

turbodriver said:
You and the rest of the majority who worshipped Dumbya elected him. Twice! So shut your trap. I don't want to hear it. This is what the rest of you cronies voted for, so sleep in your bed now that you've made it.
I can only imagine how bad things would be if that other dumb-a$$ was elected. What was his name anyway??

Dangerkittylitterlover, jetfryer and anyone else concerned about the current oil crisis may learn a thing or two from this link. It has the President of the National Petrochemical and Refiners Association fielding questions from the general public on what exactly in the hell is going on here with rising gas prices. Granted this is pre-Katrina info but still thought it was relevant. Watching this convinced me even more that the oil companies do not have your best interests in mind, unless you are a stock holder.

when you open up this link click where it says:

Bob Slaughter, National Petrochemical & Refiners Associtaion, President status of oil refiner prod.......

http://www.cspan.org/search/basic.asp?ResultStart=1&ResultCount=10&BasicQueryText=bob+slaughter&image1.x=23&image1.y=6&image1=Submit

Hi!

I just read a press release from GM. GM is predicting that oil prices will settle down and should be $50+ dollars for the next few years.

This is GM predicting oil NOT LESS THAN $50/barrel!

Chevron/Texaco earlier this year said that the era of cheap oil is OVER.

Even a year ago, there were no big ultraconservative companies like GM and Chevron/Texaco making predictions anywhere close to what they're saying now.

What has changed? They realize that production is barely keeping up with demand. If oil production doesn't peak this year, it's very, very close.

Cliff
GRB

klhoard said:
I can only imagine how bad things would be if that other dumb-a$$ was elected. What was his name anyway??

We'll never know will we? If that other duma$$ had been elected we just might be on the way to developing a new energy source since that was he was advocating. But instead we have to deal with this oil-loving dumb a$$.

Oh well.

turbodriver said:
We'll never know will we? If that other duma$$ had been elected we just might be on the way to developing a new energy source since that was he was advocating. But instead we have to deal with this oil-loving dumb a$$.

Oh well.

he probably would have advocated against it after he advocated for it.... ;)

i can understand not liking bush...but c'mon. the dems wanted bush to win..if they didnt, they wouldnt have put ketchup-boy in the race.

73-Driver said:
Dangerkittylitterlover, jetfryer and anyone else concerned about the current oil crisis may learn a thing or two from this link.

Dont bring me into this. I am not concerned about this oil "crisis" or lack thereof for that matter.

Dangerkittens

It may not be a crisis for you, but it certainly is approaching that level for many airlines. Just thought you might enjoy that video link it was an interesting and insightful disscussion with someone from the oil side of things.

atpcliff said:
This is GM predicting oil NOT LESS THAN $50/barrel!

GM and other large companies are always conservative with the estimates they give in press releases and SEC filings. If they are stating publicly that they think oil will be $50/bbl, then they really believe it will be $40.

Chevron/Texaco earlier this year said that the era of cheap oil is OVER.

What do you think an oil company is going to say? It is in their best interest to fuel the wild speculators and drive the price of crude up. They want to hold onto these ridiculous profit margins as long as possible, because they know it's going to come to a crashing end as soon as everyone realizes that this is even crazier than the dot-com bubble. It may take a while, but everyone comes back to the fundamentals eventually.

PCL_128 said:
What do you think an oil company is going to say? It is in their best interest to fuel the wild speculators and drive the price of crude up. They want to hold onto these ridiculous profit margins as long as possible, because they know it's going to come to a crashing end as soon as everyone realizes that this is even crazier than the dot-com bubble. It may take a while, but everyone comes back to the fundamentals eventually.

Does Steve Forbes know you are paraphrasing his recent comments without using quotation marks? This is almost a verbatim rehash of a recent interview he gave on the issue.

Latest resources

Back