Oil Hits $70+ a barrel!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
vc10 said:
. . .<snip >. . We're talking about the price of a widely traded commodity, a price set in an open, non-monopoly market. . . .<snip>. . .
Apparently the oil companies have been able to make their own monopoly by tightening the refinery situation. Nothing will happen until gas prices are up around $4 per gallon.
I'm sure the oil companies never wanted prices to jump this quickly, but very slowly - like boiling a frog in a pot of water.

klhoard said:
Apparently the oil companies have been able to make their own monopoly by tightening the refinery situation. Nothing will happen until gas prices are up around $4 per gallon.
I'm sure the oil companies never wanted prices to jump this quickly, but very slowly - like boiling a frog in a pot of water.

Could not agree with you more!

Whale Rider said:
Crude oil prices jump to 70 dollars per barrel!

And concert T-shirts available on U2's current tour are $35!

Let's see... Two shirts I'll never wear or a barrel of crude? Hmmm....

I'm not comparing oil to slavery, just tired of hearing the "as long as you're making as much money as possible, you're a great industry" guy. Personally, until the price of gallon of gas rises above the cost of a gallon of bottled water or better yet a gallon of Starbucks, I can't get too upset. The market will correct itself,.......who knows, maybe air travel will once again be a luxury of people who can afford it and not the "right" of the masses.

and it dropped below $40/brl in the spring of 2009, a great buy at the time

Latest resources

Back