• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

oil going back up....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SS.... Not sure what market you watch but oil closed up almost $6 a barrel today. Its up another 40 cents in after hours trading.. Almost $98 a barrel again.. On Mon. or Tues. it was down below $90 for a short time.. In other words, its up about $8 a barrel in less then 2 days.... Its going up again.... Plan on $110 +

Yep you are right, my ticker was showing after hours. And on a related note my gas station down the street ran out of gas. Good thing I stocked my fall out shelter with food and supplies for Y2K. MRE's don't expire, do they?

And on a related note my gas station down the street ran out of gas. Good thing I stocked my fall out shelter with food and supplies for Y2K. MRE's don't expire, do they?

Bad joke right now. I am down here in Houston with 6 million other folks. Some of us are eating MRE's right now and the gas station DID run out of gas.

You guys watch.. With all the turmoil in the stock market investors are gonna dive back into oil commodities... I'm gonna guess we will see oil back into the $120 range in the not too distant future.. Unless the banks can get investors to calm down and get the market under control.. I don't see it hitting $140 again because demand is down so much, but its going to be a wild ride... Looks to already be starting... Lets all hope I'm wrong...

great. another management geek logging on to make sure we're all scared to death of the finances of our airlines. w/ half of us in section 6- it's a nice tactic-only thing that controls us like fear does is knowing we aren't in control of the forces that keep us broke-

iow- who gives a sh-t what oil does at this point?
regards,
wave

You guys watch.. With all the turmoil in the stock market investors are gonna dive back into oil commodities... I'm gonna guess we will see oil back into the $120 range in the not too distant future.. Unless the banks can get investors to calm down and get the market under control.. I don't see it hitting $140 again because demand is down so much, but its going to be a wild ride... Looks to already be starting... Lets all hope I'm wrong...

It sounds like you've found a great opportunity to make some money. Invest wisely.

No need to panic. Oil leveled off at $100 and stopped the climb. The trend will continue down. People are just a little freaked out about the past few days of economic misery (thanks, GWB). Once the panic passes, things will return to the normal downward trend. Oil will be at or near $80/bbl by year's end.

No need to panic. Oil leveled off at $100 and stopped the climb. The trend will continue down. People are just a little freaked out about the past few days of economic misery (thanks, GWB).

How is "the last few days of economic misery" Bush's fault, again?

How is "the last few days of economic misery" Bush's fault, again?

Complete lack of oversight. Complete lack of morality. No accountability for out-of-control Corporate Bosses. Short-term (immediate) profit taking more importance than long-term viability of companies. Exorbitant corporate bonuses with no regard for the actual health of the firm.

Bush (and his cabinet) allowed all of this to happen. The reasons why can be debated until we're blue in the face (if you like him it's free market capitalism at work, if you hate him, it's corporate cronyism...). But, the reality is, he is at the helm and should have been watching for icebergs (especially as a Harvard MBA)...

Hopefully McCain will live up to his promise of reform and fix a lot of these abuses of power.

Latest resources

Back