O'Hare

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chriskcmo

Anybody gone into O'Hare recently Part 91 or 135? Anything I need to be aware of, other than getting a reservation?

Thanks!

chriskcmo said:
Anybody gone into O'Hare recently Part 91 or 135? Anything I need to be aware of, other than getting a reservation?

Thanks!

Nothing to be aware of. Make a reservation and fly on in. It's a highly organized airport, and if you can follow directions, you will do fine.

Chris, per usual, Jeff is right on. Be advised, if you can't keep up there is a penalty box they'll slap you in with no hesitation if you hold things up or get lost, so be sure to be on your toes, check the TAF the night before, see which runway the winds will favor so you'll have a general idea of where you are going to land, study the airport diagram and the location of the FBO, that way there are no surprises, and if possible, bring another pilot with you who is good on the radio. Are you from MKC?

Thanks for the replies. I've gotten the reservation, but after my scheduler told the passengers about the fees at Signature along with having to go through security screening, they'd rather drive a little bit and fly into PWK.

Hawker, I fly out of OJC.

There is security there, but it is a joke. The screening is painless. They are not TSA employees, and the screening is not mandatory (government). The fees will get you. I don't know why these "professionals" out here wont tell Signature to take their foreign owned FBOs, fees, and nickle-and-diming and get the he|| out of here.
chriskcmo said:
Thanks for the replies. I've gotten the reservation, but after my scheduler told the passengers about the fees at Signature along with having to go through security screening, they'd rather drive a little bit and fly into PWK.

Hawker, I fly out of OJC.

I had a reservation to go to ORD 2 weeks ago. Was set to arrive at 2340Z, so we were going to depart at 2220Z from the Detroit area. Called for the clearance at 2210Z and were given a departure time of 2345Z. Once we were on the way, it was painless, IAD can be more of a pain! Granted, I've only been to ORD once, but I've been #15-20 for departure on a few occasions at IAD.

They are very serious about speed, don't slow down without asking and plan on keping 160 to the marker.

Latest resources

Back