Oh Yeah Im A Cfi!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gern_blanston said:
Congrats on the new rating, Snowman. Very cool. Please work hard to produce the absolute best pilots that you can, because we all have to fly with 'em.
Ignore Mr. Tired. Instructors who don't like to instruct generally make cr@ppy instructors, and don't do aviation any good at all.
You WILL learn an awful lot about flying.

Crappy because I had one of the best pass rates at the school or because I was the most requested instructor? Being a CFI was great for the first 500 dual given but gets very old when you give instruction to people shouldn't be pilots and then look at you to explain why they can't be pilots. Or when grown men act like kids when they are told to study or your not going to fly them any more. I've had to ground several students because they would not have been ready when they were ready flying wise.

Snowman, I apologize to you for being rude. It's been one of those days in class where your brain melts from all the info they are trying to stuff into it. Getting your CFI is a great accomplishment and not doubt took a great deal of work. Funny thing is that most of that FOI stuff will now fall from your head! The FAR stuff gets used as does the flying stuff.

Best thing about instructing is that it forces you to really know your stuff because you really feel bad when a student corrects you. DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE WRONG though. Your students will rspect it. Lots of stuff to learn still and remember that your gear can take alot of abuse. lol

I did enjoy instructing for the three years I was doing it. I learned an awful lot and have some great memories. BUT, I did get "burned out" and was itching to get to the next level, which I did. Now that I'm at the next level, and more, I'm glad that I instructed for as long as I did, no regrets at all. Enjoy the instructing, it's not permanent (unless you choose) and you'll get to meet some very, very interesting people, who will turn out to be some close friends of yours!!!! Good luck:) !!!!

snowman said:
YEEEHAWWWWWWWW!
It was a great morning. 3.5hrs on the ground, 2. in the air. We covered everything. The flight went really well. PM me if anyone wants more detail.
Adios
snowman

why do dorks come on here and say the got whatever rating!

Who Gives a Rat's Ass!

Congrats!!

Livin the dream.

Congrats, welcome to the fun and exciting world of rice and beans!

MTpilot said:
Congrats, welcome to the fun and exciting world of rice and beans!

You must be making some serious dough!!! I couldn't even afford the Raamen 60-pack for $5:D !!!!

Latest resources

Back