• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oh No!!!!! The dreaded Go Around!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well he better not sit there for that gawd durn takeoff! What with it's fast acceleration and rapid climb! Someone could get killed from these takeoffs!

id 10 t error.

After cleared for the visual approach how many of you set ILS published missed approach altitude in the pre-selector......and brief the published missed.....

After cleared for the visual approach how many of you set ILS published missed approach altitude in the pre-selector......and brief the published missed.....

Rez, just out of curiosity, are you advocating briefing the ILS missed? If you are while referring to a visual approach, why?

Rez, just out of curiosity, are you advocating briefing the ILS missed? If you are while referring to a visual approach, why?

My point is too many pilots on this thread anre getting their mangina all itchy over what the press thinks...

What the press is doing is typical... they are trying to sell a story...

Who cares what the press says in these situations... fly the jet professionally... each day every day...

Fact is too many pilots brief the visual backed up by the ILS and the published MAP.

Instead of worrying about the press... fly the jet better...

Why? If I go around in ATL on the visual to 28, I'm not going to fly the 180 radial to Scarr intersection to hold....Why should I take away from paying attention to what is going on to brief something I'm not going to do?

Update: I just read your response above....maybe we are saying the same thing.....That might be a first....

Last edited:
Just the American flying public. Mostly southern.

Riiiiight, because the guy with the complaint about the go-around was from the South? South side of somewhere ugly around Newark, I'll give you. But from somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon line? (google it, you might learn something...) I think not.

What is it with you and the South? If you are really this miserable here, why don't you go back to wherever you came from? You'd be happier, we wouldn't have to listen to your barbs against the South, all would be well...

Latest resources

Back