• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oh My God...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry you cant carry a lighter but..........What happens when if you loose your lighter in the terminal or on an aircraft and they close down the entire terminal and re-screen all the passengers or have the SWAT team search your aircraft for more banned stuff.

av8tor4239 said:
The new part to me is the fact that crew members can not have lighters.. I am an FFDO, and I can have a loaded pistol, a crash axe behind my seat, and access to anywhere in the sterile area via my sida badge.. I have been through MANY MANY MANY psyc exams and back ground checks by the Airport authority and the federal government. I am a smoker and i can not have a lighter.. That is what is new to me..

I guess stock in Matches will go up.

What happens when they ban matches to us smokers?

My shock is because it includes flight crews...

Last edited:
av8tor4239 said:
Crew members can smoke in just about every airport in the country... There are a few exceptions, but for the most part all airports have and outside smoking area accessable by crews that are doing turns at the outstation.

I might change my signature on this forum to "I can carry a gun to work but cant carry a cigarette lighter".

I will do it after we sign a TA.. Dont forget ASA informational picketting Thursday March 17 2005.. ATL airport..

Maybe you could use your gun to light your cigarettes.;)

xjlifer said:
Might have to stick our heads into the aft end of a turbine to get a light.

The inside of the APU outlet on the CRJ is glowing red when it's running, kind of like the electric cigarette lighter in a car, so that could work.

FO:"I'll get the walkaround"

CPT:"No, I'll get the walkaround!"

av8tor4239 said:
What happens when they ban matches to us smokers?

Umm... let me guess. You save money, your lungs are healthier, and you have better night vision?

(Kidding... just kidding...)

av8tor4239 said:
The new part to me is the fact that crew members can not have lighters.. I am an FFDO, and I can have a loaded pistol, a crash axe behind my seat...

hey av8tor4239,

isn't this supposed to be a program (ffdo) kept out of the public eye?

this is a public forum.

how about use some discretion.

-cliff

This is another example of the government doing something stupid to solve a non-existing problem. Another example of ineffective bigger government. This does nothing to stop highjackings and only inconvenciences everyone.

Next time im dead heading, I'll make it a point to sit there in the terminal with a fat chew of Levi Garrett. If anyone asks how unprofessional that looks, I'll just expain to them, at least im not a highjack threat with my chew.

PastMmo said:
hey av8tor4239,

this is a public forum.

-cliff

Er, yeah, after the very public opposition from
the FAA and the TSA...not to mention the latters
foot dragging in the implimentation of the program.

I am really tired of being treated like a threat.
If it weren't for all the morons like me that want
to fly for a living and bloodsucking management
that kept making it cheaper for the
masses to fly the frelling TSA wouldn't exist.

I'm not going to hold my breath...

for common sense to take hold and realize that
cockpit crewmembers are not the threat,
Islamic Terrorists are!

Wake the fuque up!!!

Won't they still sell lighters, fingernail clippers and metal fingernail files at the newsstand next to that restaurant that gives you metal silverware INSIDE the all holy "sterile" area?

Four books of matches!? I could start a serious fire with 4 books and some inflight magazines!

What if I have 10 loose wooden strike-anywhere kitchen matches to light my stogies? How many books does that equal? Who said all matches come in books?

Can I have a bottle of isopropyl alcohol in my baggage or maybe bring back a large bottle of 151 proof rum with me from the duty free store and my matches? Would that constitute a hazard?

Obviously, the TSA hasn't thought this one through either, guys, among many other things. The TSA, in my opinion, is there to give the public the "warm fuzzies" about airline security while on the public nickel. That's why the TSA got a failing grade from pilots lately.

PastMmo said:
hey av8tor4239,

this is a public forum.

-cliff

PastmMmo,

There was no SSI in my posting.. CNN took camera crews to the Federal Law Enforcemnt Training Center (FLETC) and did a report on the FFDO program, showing FFDO's in training, shooting their weapons. The FFDO program has been in TIME magazine and all over the papers of the United States and all over the world.

The answer is no, the FFDO program is not supposed to be kept out of the public eye, it is public information that the United States government is arming pilots.. There are parts of the program that are classified and none of that information was broadcast in this post!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back