• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

October's Pro Pilot, another winner...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Over 25 type ratings, and only 1 title......SCAB.

That is hilarious! With that said, he has built a pretty impressive FBO/Charter/Aircraft Management/Maintenance business at VNY. You gotta give him some credit for that. He employs quite a few pilots. Obviously he should leave the creative writing to others...

I think they should focus on more interesting flight department profiles every month - not 7 months out of the year. More info on growth of the fractional industry might be interesting too. And I agree - I have read enough about police helo units in South Dakota.

OK since I started this thread bitching about pro-pilot I feel obligated to provide all of you with good alternate reading material for on the can.
I was at the doctor's office yesterday and found this mag called the family handyman. Cool for those home improvement/ pilot guys like myself.

Here's the link:https://www.rd.com/offer/fh/freeyear/index.jsp?trkid=dg_tfh_google

Two years for 24 bucks. I know Profilactic Pilot mag is free, but 24 bucks shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

:D
FF

I tried to convey some of my opinions (simular to yours) to Pro Pilot in one of their surveys, since then they will no long renew my subscription, even after several tries. No more jokes on the john for me!

New Internet Mag

Well, I'd be willing to put my money where my mouth is and be pro active at the same time. I too agree that the current Professional Pilot magazine has lost quite a bit of its luster and think that a new mag ( read competition) may be in order. There is enough talent here and elsewhere to start up a new magazine, maybe an e zine to begin with. Like most other readers I favor the weather articles and the approach plate brain busters from Professional pilot. I believe we have enough people here to initially contribute articles and change the format to reflect the current age and technology of the todays aviation structure. I would like to see more relavent articles such as the new airspace and sid/star requirements. Also, I believe we could develop a performance section, which is most pilots achilles heal. The issues that are pressing today; for instance we could have had multiple articles explaining the new 135 A008 that has been killing many flight departments. I would like to raise this idea up the flag pole to see if there are any others who would support this idea.

here are his type ratings:

A/B-17 A/B-377 A/B-727 A/B-747 A/B-747-4 A/CE-500 A/CV-240 A/CV-340 A/CV-440 A/CW-46 A/DC-2 A/DC-3 A/DC-4 A/DC-6 A/DC-7 A/DC-8 A/DC-9 A/DC-10 A/F-27 A/G-1159 A/G-IV A/HS-125 A/IA-JET A/L-18 A/LR-JET A/M-202 A/M-404 A/MS-760 A/N-B25 A/T-33

Any truly respectable flight department wants to fly under the radar. You will never see anything in there but bottom feeders. The rag is an avenue to parade the latest and greatest tubine glass.

I've had enough Clay Lacy selfcongratulatory BS for a lifetime. Take your huge EGO and retire. Do something worthwhile like fishing! The last thing I wanna be doing at that age is pushing 135 jurassic jets around the country.

Latest resources

Back