October's Pro Pilot, another winner...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fokkerflyer

Here we go again...yet another fascinating flight dept featured: NREC (who..?) a fascinating operator with a King Air and a Cherokee Six. Where do they find these yahoos? Reading the article just makes me wanna tear my eyeballs out of my head...

Never mind the "squawk ident" pages, perfect for those who like their name, title and ratings to be public knowledge.

Is it just me, or has this magazine gone from coffee table pride to wipe-your-ass material? I have been reading this thing for over ten years and used to read every page, now it's barely enough for just one bathroom visit.

Oh yeah, and by now I know Clay Lacy has over 25 misc type ratings...

Anyone care to comment?

FF

Anyone care to comment?

FF

I remember thinking it was a shameless industry glory hole when I read it 17 years ago. Hasn't gotten any better, I'm afraid. And yeah, Squawk Ident is just an opportunity for people to get their name, position and flight department in a national rag. Kinda like an Avweb forum for corporate pilots.

Although, I too thought it was a bit hokey, perhaps they are just showing that all kinds fly corp acft and they aren't all 5 jet fleets.

One of my co-workers just won a nice camera from them. I agree with the comments though. I hope my department is never featured in there.

Here we go again...yet another fascinating flight dept featured: NREC (who..?) a fascinating operator with a King Air and a Cherokee Six. Where do they find these yahoos? Reading the article just makes me wanna tear my eyeballs out of my head...

Never mind the "squawk ident" pages, perfect for those who like their name, title and ratings to be public knowledge.

Is it just me, or has this magazine gone from coffee table pride to wipe-your-ass material? I have been reading this thing for over ten years and used to read every page, now it's barely enough for just one bathroom visit.

Oh yeah, and by now I know Clay Lacy has over 25 misc type ratings...

Anyone care to comment?

FF

hahaha I thought it was a sweet looking cherokee six though!! I do agree that the mag is only useful when you need something to stare at while on the john.

Why won't they print my stuff in squawk ident, dammit, I am a chief pilot, C152!
I'm also director, head ******, and chief mechanic; oh, and CEO.

I want some fu**ing respect.

Seriously, though, the only useful thing in that magazine is that weather dude.

Although, I too thought it was a bit hokey, perhaps they are just showing that all kinds fly corp acft and they aren't all 5 jet fleets.

My thoughts exactly. Professional pilots don't just fly for big corporations or legacy airlines. They want to be relevant to many different types of operators. I read the article and it seems more like an ad for the company vs. a discussion about how the King Air is used. I'd love to see future articles about how VLJs are used effectively - and maybe some articles about flying for the different fractionals...

I agree that the magazine has been going downhill for awhile now. It must be hard to recruit "interesting" flight departments because a number of recent editions dealt with lame Police Department helo operations. Again, once in awhile is OK (because those pilots are professionals too), but not as frequently as they have been doing these articles. Personally, I'd like to see a good, interesting flight department profile every month and then a test flight flown by anyone but Clay Lacy. What happened to the regional airline profiles they used to do? I hope it gets better because it seems a bit lackluster at the moment.

My thoughts exactly. Professional pilots don't just fly for big corporations or legacy airlines. They want to be relevant to many different types of operators. I read the article and it seems more like an ad for the company vs. a discussion about how the King Air is used. I'd love to see future articles about how VLJs are used effectively - and maybe some articles about flying for the different fractionals...

I agree that the magazine has been going downhill for awhile now. It must be hard to recruit "interesting" flight departments because a number of recent editions dealt with lame Police Department helo operations. Again, once in awhile is OK (because those pilots are professionals too), but not as frequently as they have been doing these articles. Personally, I'd like to see a good, interesting flight department profile every month and then a test flight flown by anyone but Clay Lacy. What happened to the regional airline profiles they used to do? I hope it gets better because it seems a bit lackluster at the moment.
The magazine only panders to advertisers and regional airlines don't advertise, or, for the most part, buy the stuff advertised in the magazine.

Also, you probably have noticed, the articles are all by the same writers every month--a recipe for dull content.

how many articles can you write about international ops?

Latest resources

Back