• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Occupy FlightInfo.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you guys dont seem to understand is that the system is rigged and its not in your favor. Its not a matter of refusing to work hard, but of unfair odds which make it next to impossible to succeed fairly.

Hmm,

Seems to be working pretty good for the majority of us! work my 75-80 hrs per month, get a good paycheck twice a month, vacation, medical/dental, time off for my military duty, the boss leaves his door open and I work with a pretty good bunch of guys!

I live within my means and look forward to retirement in 15-16 yrs, I know my job is to help provide a quality product to my customers and hope they enjoy the experience and will want to come back!

Just like I have choices when I have my car worked on, I have lot's of choices, I choose the place the does the best job for the best price! Sure there are cheaper places, but for me, I'm willing to pay an extra couple of bucks, because I like the service I get!

I'm just not seeing the whole rigged thing at all!!

Hmm,

Seems to be working pretty good for the majority of us! work my 75-80 hrs per month, get a good paycheck twice a month, vacation, medical/dental, time off for my military duty, the boss leaves his door open and I work with a pretty good bunch of guys!

I live within my means and look forward to retirement in 15-16 yrs, I know my job is to help provide a quality product to my customers and hope they enjoy the experience and will want to come back!

Just like I have choices when I have my car worked on, I have lot's of choices, I choose the place the does the best job for the best price! Sure there are cheaper places, but for me, I'm willing to pay an extra couple of bucks, because I like the service I get!

I'm just not seeing the whole rigged thing at all!!

Oh, stop making sense! Don't you know it's all a conspiracy theory and EVERYONE is a victim? :rolleyes:

Maybe they are complaining about how our taxpayer dollars have been misappropriated for corporate welfare/bailouts/bonuses, while there have been no jobs created by these trillions of taxpayer dollars . . . . not to mention the lack of any jobs created by the wasteful "stimulus" spending . . . . .

Here's an even crazier idea . . . . shouldn't we ALL be complaining about trillions of OUR dollars being used for corporate welfare, while all of the manufacturing jobs get shipped overseas? :erm:

Oh, wait, it's just a bunch of young punks who want weekends off. :rolleyes:

Maybe you guys(the younger generation) should have voted the other way in 2008?? Be careful what you wish for!!

I'm getting really tired of the lectures guys- you do not have 1 accomplishment in your airline career that I do not. I am fine. I have one of the good jobs- but the difference is it's not all about me- I can't see what has gone on and not do anything about it.
Maybe you're a giant coward and abide greed. I don't. It's ruining the country and guys like you allow it.

Now, once again- WHO DO YOU WORK FOR Flythere? Where life is so great and you haven't been taken advantage of?

When you answer, I can give you a list of airline exec trangressions that can barely be held on the FI server- but I have to know the context of your point of view-

In the meantime - I'll leave you with a list of larger legal greed crimes-

…While CEOs of the companies that led us down this path have been let go with golden parachutes.

Countrywide’s founder and CEO Angelo R. Mozilo

$704 million: Countrywide Financial Corp. net loss in 2007.
11,000: Number of workers Countrywide laid off between July, 2007, and January 29, 2008.
$37.5 million: Approximate value of cash severance payments, consulting fees, and perquisites (including private airplane use) that Angelo Mozilo, founder and CEO of Countrywide, gave up after Countrywide’s merger with Bank of America.
$23.8 million: Estimated value of Mozilo’s company retirement plan in December 2006, the last year for which data are available. Mozilo did not forgo these benefits.

Merrill Lynch’s former Chairman and CEO E. Stanley O’Neal (ret. Oct. 30, 2007)

$161.5 million: Value of securities and retirement benefits that Stanley O’Neal walked away with from Merrill Lynch when he retired. O’Neal did not receive a traditional severance payment.
$7.8 billion: Merrill Lynch net loss for all of 2007.

Citigroup’s former Chairman and CEO Charles Prince (ret. Nov. 4, 2007)

$17.4 billion: Citigroup write-downs on subprime related direct exposures in 2007.
$9.83 billion: Citigroup’s 2007 fourth-quarter loss.
$40 billion: Approximate value of Prince’s retirement package, shares, and options in Citi stock upon his retirement in November, 2007.

-----------
Now do the math and contemplate what $40B truly is- and wonder, under lax estate tax laws, if prince's grandchildren's grandchildren will ever have to work a day in their life- or are they modern day American entitled by birth Lords.

If you aren't pissed- you're a gutless coward with no integrity.

Life is too short to be pissed off, yes those guys are dirt bags. Your solutions for these dirt bags you described is what? We should kill them all and their children, worked well for the Russians in 1917 didn't it. Or maybe we should go to a union run country like England in the 1950's, worked out well there also didn't it. Maybe a law that if you make more money than the top SWA Captain, all that money has to be taxed a 100%, that would teach people to think about being greedy and rich, why they might even take their money and move to Costa Rica or something. What is your solution besides being pissed off?

It seems there's this mind set, I'm going to start calling it the "instant gratification crowd" This generation wants what is theirs right now!! No more waiting, no more working at a company for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. I want to start making my full earning potential right now, today! And if I don't like this company, then I want to be able to take what's "MINE" and go somewhere else!

Maybe this generation, since they've grown up all being winners; remember the YMCA, everybody wins, no score kept, everybody gets a trophy, there are no failures. (I think that sets kids up for failure later on in life) No more waiting a week for a package to arrive by mail, it can land via FedEx next day!

No more getting a dictionary out and looking up words or meanings, we simply enter it into our smart phone with instant results!

So no wonder this generation of young adults wants what is perceived to be theirs right now, today!

It's this "instant gratification crowd" that wants this system to change, because they want theirs right now, today!

For those of us old enough to remember Daffy Duck, it was always about him, me me me, mine mine mine, it's alllllll mine!!!!

That's all folks!!!!!

+100

I want it all & I want it now. We are so spoiled in this country, compared to so many in the rest of the world.

I'm getting really tired of the lectures guys- you do not have 1 accomplishment in your airline career that I do not. I am fine. I have one of the good jobs- but the difference is it's not all about me- I can't see what has gone on and not do anything about it.
Maybe you're a giant coward and abide greed. I don't. It's ruining the country and guys like you allow it.

Now, once again- WHO DO YOU WORK FOR Flythere? Where life is so great and you haven't been taken advantage of?

When you answer, I can give you a list of airline exec trangressions that can barely be held on the FI server- but I have to know the context of your point of view-

In the meantime - I'll leave you with a list of larger legal greed crimes-

…While CEOs of the companies that led us down this path have been let go with golden parachutes.

Countrywide’s founder and CEO Angelo R. Mozilo

$704 million: Countrywide Financial Corp. net loss in 2007.
11,000: Number of workers Countrywide laid off between July, 2007, and January 29, 2008.
$37.5 million: Approximate value of cash severance payments, consulting fees, and perquisites (including private airplane use) that Angelo Mozilo, founder and CEO of Countrywide, gave up after Countrywide’s merger with Bank of America.
$23.8 million: Estimated value of Mozilo’s company retirement plan in December 2006, the last year for which data are available. Mozilo did not forgo these benefits.

Merrill Lynch’s former Chairman and CEO E. Stanley O’Neal (ret. Oct. 30, 2007)

$161.5 million: Value of securities and retirement benefits that Stanley O’Neal walked away with from Merrill Lynch when he retired. O’Neal did not receive a traditional severance payment.
$7.8 billion: Merrill Lynch net loss for all of 2007.

Citigroup’s former Chairman and CEO Charles Prince (ret. Nov. 4, 2007)

$17.4 billion: Citigroup write-downs on subprime related direct exposures in 2007.
$9.83 billion: Citigroup’s 2007 fourth-quarter loss.
$40 billion: Approximate value of Prince’s retirement package, shares, and options in Citi stock upon his retirement in November, 2007.

-----------
Now do the math and contemplate what $40B truly is- and wonder, under lax estate tax laws, if prince's grandchildren's grandchildren will ever have to work a day in their life- or are they modern day American entitled by birth Lords.

Be pissed off all you want, all you'll get out of it is an ulcer. It's not worth it.

Instead of worrying about what someone else has, just be grateful for what you have. You're probably not with out shelter, food, a smart phone, reliable car, clothes, shoes without holes, etc. Compared to probably 90% of the people on this rock, you're living like a freakin' king.

Be pissed off all you want, all you'll get out of it is an ulcer. It's not worth it.

Instead of worrying about what someone else has, just be grateful for what you have. You're probably not with out shelter, food, a smart phone, reliable car, clothes, shoes without holes, etc. Compared to probably 90% of the people on this rock, you're living like a freakin' king.
Well said, he is living better than 95% of the people in this country and 99.5% better than everyone on this rock. But it is not enough, because others have more, and they have not worked as hard as he has, nor are they as professional, or as well educated. This system is just not fair that is does not recognize what he is worth.

Last edited:

I don't think he is lacking appreciation of what he has. I think he is simply pointing out some of the many inequities there are in this country.
If you are going to have a discussion about entitlement attitudes, don't forget the " I have mine you don't because you didn't earn it" crowd.
A lot of the higher tax bracket is filled with people that were simply luckier than some and a lot of some of the hardest working, most honest down to earth people are among the lower paid faction of our society.

I don't think he is lacking appreciation of what he has. I think he is simply pointing out some of the many inequities there are in this country.
If you are going to have a discussion about entitlement attitudes, don't forget the " I have mine you don't because you didn't earn it" crowd.
A lot of the higher tax bracket is filled with people that were simply luckier than some and a lot of some of the hardest working, most honest down to earth people are among the lower paid faction of our society.

There will always be inequities. Life's not fair. That's just the way it is. One can accept it, or not.

At some point, we'll all be pushing daisies. No one is the richest man once it comes time to lay in the pine box.

Latest resources

Back