• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Occupy FlightInfo.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's all gray in your world isn't it, quimby?
I'm rich, huh? That's so ridiculous, it's dumb- but I do alright and earn a fair paycheck for what I do-
Have you heard that I'm not complaining about my lot in life? Can I say it again so you understand or do you not take the time to read all of 2 sentences into my post?

As for action- I take part in the political system and what other actions I do are my business- let's just start with getting on the same page mentally- then we can talk about what actions to take-#2( you do know that the content and tone of a national conversation is an influential piece of a democracy, right?)
The people here who stick up for greed are like people looking at Penn state and saying "hey- if you don't want to be ********************ed in the ass by an old dude, you shouldn't be a ball boy "

Yes- strongly, I call everyone out who sees greed and defends it- cowardly. No moral compass.

Let me ask you something- #3 does greed exist? How do you define it?

I guess our definitions of "rich" are different. You don't have to have your own G-V and private island to be "rich". I'm assuming you're in good health, make good good money (100K+) as a SWA FO, and most likely want for nothing. So yes, you're "rich" in my book. You may not fit some grad school text book definition for being "wealthy", but yes, I'd say you're "rich". I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

#2 Yup, thanks for asking.

#3. Yup. Wanting "more" when you have "enough". However, the definition of "enough" is going to be different for each and every of the 7 billion people on Earth. Greed exists in everyone, my friend. Even you. It's all just to what "extent".

Yes, it's all gray in my world. Everything. You really nailed it. :rolleyes:

I think the point that is getting lost here is that there are many folks who are going through a very rough time right now; regardless of how hard they work, or how honorable they are, if US businesses aren't hiring US workers, they are unemployed.

Meanwhile, our taxpayer "bailout" money sits in the accounts of the banks that started this problem, but they are lending our money back to the Fed at 0.25%, instead of being lent to businesses and individuals, and put back into circulation. The banks are making money, paying bonuses, etc., but the money isn't there for small businesses and individuals like it was intended to be.

Meanwhile, our taxpayer "bailout" money sits in the accounts of the banks that started this problem,
due to new gov't mandated reserves

. . . . . negotiated by lobbyists paid for by . . . . . the banks that profit by it. :puke:

And the Dodd-Frank Bill!

I agree with you, we should have bailed out fewer banks and risked the financial collapse everyone, and I mean everyone, was worried about back in '08.

And the Dodd-Frank Bill!

I agree with you, we should have bailed out fewer banks and risked the financial collapse everyone, and I mean everyone, was worried about back in '08.
And faced a possible 1929 type depression, congress put the banks in this position with the mandatory sub-prime load program, and then they did the right thing by keeping them open.

And faced a possible 1929 type depression, congress put the banks in this position with the mandatory sub-prime load program, and then they did the right thing by keeping them open.

Or not. Present recession could have been deeper but shorter. At any rate, I think TARP overspent.

Latest resources

Back