Occupy FlightInfo.com

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TyWebb- impressive responses- was going to reply, but most would be redundant

While you guys argue the definitions of income classes- remember as the extremely rich gain more- as the gap between ridiculously wealthy and everyone else grows- the percentages are skewed.

To me, there comes a point- and it is not subjective- somewhere around $10M annually, where your compensation becomes more about your ability to attain money, and stacking leverage and regulation to keep money, than it is about your ability to earn it. We are airline pilots- I know what I have done, how hard I've worked, and how hard I continue to work- when someone makes twice as much in a year as I will make in a career, the problem is leverage, more than work ethic. It is not about punishing success- it's about understanding that once a certain amount of wealth is attained- that class has no need of success for generations- their money will be locked away- not circulated- and at best, taxed at 15%-
I do not begrudge anyone's success - but we have to keep money circulating- and it just isn't as the super wealthy hoard and buy/lobby leverage to keep instead of use their money to build and keep a nation strong

It seems there's this mind set, I'm going to start calling it the "instant gratification crowd" This generation wants what is theirs right now!! No more waiting, no more working at a company for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. I want to start making my full earning potential right now, today! And if I don't like this company, then I want to be able to take what's "MINE" and go somewhere else!

Maybe this generation, since they've grown up all being winners; remember the YMCA, everybody wins, no score kept, everybody gets a trophy, there are no failures. (I think that sets kids up for failure later on in life) No more waiting a week for a package to arrive by mail, it can land via FedEx next day!

No more getting a dictionary out and looking up words or meanings, we simply enter it into our smart phone with instant results!

So no wonder this generation of young adults wants what is perceived to be theirs right now, today!

It's this "instant gratification crowd" that wants this system to change, because they want theirs right now, today!

For those of us old enough to remember Daffy Duck, it was always about him, me me me, mine mine mine, it's alllllll mine!!!!

That's all folks!!!!!

It seems there's this mind set, I'm going to start calling it the "instant gratification crowd" This generation wants what is theirs right now!! No more waiting, no more working at a company for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. I want to start making my full earning potential right now, today! And if I don't like this company, then I want to be able to take what's "MINE" and go somewhere else!

Maybe this generation, since they've grown up all being winners; remember the YMCA, everybody wins, no score kept, everybody gets a trophy, there are no failures. (I think that sets kids up for failure later on in life) No more waiting a week for a package to arrive by mail, it can land via FedEx next day!

No more getting a dictionary out and looking up words or meanings, we simply enter it into our smart phone with instant results!

So no wonder this generation of young adults wants what is perceived to be theirs right now, today!

It's this "instant gratification crowd" that wants this system to change, because they want theirs right now, today!

For those of us old enough to remember Daffy Duck, it was always about him, me me me, mine mine mine, it's alllllll mine!!!!

That's all folks!!!!!

Amen! I could have written your post myself. I don't think this generation even knows what libraries or encyclopedias are!

Fly and zone- I find it funny that you begrudge the young- when older folks have had a better deal at almost every step- from how much you paid for your education to the job you had once you were done-

Fly and zone- I find it funny that you begrudge the young- when older folks have had a better deal at almost every step- from how much you paid for your education to the job you had once you were done-

You must have a reading comprehension problem. I DON'T begrudge the young...I begrudge the "entitlement" young (and others with the same mentality, no matter WHAT their age.) I have 3 young adult children and it was difficult to raise them NOT to have the attitude they were exposed to most of their lives by some of their contemporaries and the media.

'I begrudge the "entitlement" young (and others with the same mentality, no matter WHAT their age.)'

Agree, entitled attitude knows no age limit....

You must have a reading comprehension problem. I DON'T begrudge the young...I begrudge the "entitlement" young (and others with the same mentality, no matter WHAT their age.) I have 3 young adult children and it was difficult to raise them NOT to have the attitude they were exposed to most of their lives by some of their contemporaries and the media.

Dito,

we don't begrudge the young, you guys are our future!! What we don't like is the thought that you want to earn top wage right now!! You want week-ends and holidays off this year!

And if you don't get what you want, then you want to protest, disrupt everybody else until you get your way!!

I think this whole OWS crowd is the 1% and the rest of us are the 99%, but you know the old saying, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. While the 99% of us are working, paying for public services, the 1%-ers are abusing the system!!

Maybe they are complaining about how our taxpayer dollars have been misappropriated for corporate welfare/bailouts/bonuses, while there have been no jobs created by these trillions of taxpayer dollars . . . . not to mention the lack of any jobs created by the wasteful "stimulus" spending . . . . .

Here's an even crazier idea . . . . shouldn't we ALL be complaining about trillions of OUR dollars being used for corporate welfare, while all of the manufacturing jobs get shipped overseas? :erm:

Oh, wait, it's just a bunch of young punks who want weekends off. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dito,

we don't begrudge the young, you guys are our future!! What we don't like is the thought that you want to earn top wage right now!! You want week-ends and holidays off this year!

And if you don't get what you want, then you want to protest, disrupt everybody else until you get your way!!

I think this whole OWS crowd is the 1% and the rest of us are the 99%, but you know the old saying, the squeeky wheel gets the grease. While the 99% of us are working, paying for public services, the 1%-ers are abusing the system!!

What you guys dont seem to understand is that the system is rigged and its not in your favor. Its not a matter of refusing to work hard, but of unfair odds which make it next to impossible to succeed fairly.

Latest resources

Back