Obama very bad for MDW

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
siucavflight,
You kind of left yourself open for LRh25B to roll on you like that. There is a waiver, all presidents and VPs travel like this its not up to them, the service determines the needs and I saw on NGC that the helo goes with him if he plans to use it or not, I don't think O-BAMA has a hand in security issues, it is the Secret service, and I don't know what your experience level is, but 350,00 is, or was, a drop in the bucket for these corporate flight departments. Most easily budget that a month for their fleets of Falcons, GLEX, and Gs especially the ones that do a lot of international travel. I read yesterday where Nortel spent 1M a year. Over the summer when Jet was through the roof, DOCs doubled and tripled, and a moderately busy flight department would have blown through that in less than 6 weeks.
I think it's clear what is going on here is that 1 of you is a DEM and the other is a REP.

Last edited:
Since he has all those helicopters, why not just land at ORD and spare GA traffic the hassle. He'd have a longer runway too.

Since he has all those helicopters, why not just land at ORD and spare GA traffic the hassle. He'd have a longer runway too.

It is my understanding that AF1 will be landing at ORD. However, MDW will take the fall since its proximity to the "Obama Compound".

It is my understanding that AF1 will be landing at ORD. However, MDW will take the fall since its proximity to the "Obama Compound".

You meant "crib", right?

Besides..wait till Oprah gets inconvenienced by this TFR and has to go to DPA or LOT to get on the Global. You thought the sistahs on COPS were crazy? :eek: Maybe she can call up "Ole Boy" and get a lil somthin somthin worked out.

Last edited:
You meant "crib", right?

Besides..wait till Oprah gets inconvenienced by this TFR and has to go to DPA or LOT to get on the Global. You thought the sistahs on COPS were crazy? :eek: Maybe she can call up "Ole Boy" and get a lil somthin somthin worked out.
757, what the hell is wrong with you? this is not 1957. You blatently racist comments have no place on this forum.
Crib
sistahs
"Ole Boy"
I've seen some of your other posts on here as well. Really, what is wrong with you? Did momma get caught having a stretching session with Mandingo?

Does it really bother you that much that our African American friends have money, power, and succes? Get over it and leave that Klan crap off of here. Your thinly veiled comments shine through rather easily. Knock it off.

^^^Obviously a black don't be hatin on a joke man lighten up. Remember it doesn't matter how hard a black man works he still ends up living in a home paid for by the govt.

I woke up this morning and received responses from WGN, and CNN requesting further information. This is exciting, I hope that they really do a piece on this!

LR, I do not have time to respond to all of your comments, this was not intended as a political post, rather trying to show what impact Obama is having on MDW.
And I am well aware of the wavier. Have you ever looked at what goes into getting the waiver? Before even getting the waiver every person aboard the aircraft has to get TSA approval through a background check, and finger print processing which takes approximately 7 days.
Once the waiver is processed every passenger and bag has to be screened by TSA prior to departure, and then coming back into MDW every flight has a to land at either SBN, RFD, or PIA and be pre screened by TSA. With the type of operationt that we are running these requirements are un realistic.

And I was speaking with TSA, there are a few numbers that were listed on that page, I called them to see if there was anything that we could do to speed up the slow government process of getting the waiver, espically since they just informed us of this TFR only four days before his arrival. And when I was talking to TSA the woman named Ada Johnson said that there office has been informed that Obama will be coming to Chicago every four to five weeks.

You may have missed the part where I said that it is ridiculous that Bush traveled to his ranch 149 time during his presidency. I understand that security is a requirement for the president and rightfully so, but the President has to be mindful of what goes into his trips, he has to understand that him coming to Chicago is directly affecting thousands of people, and indirectly the entire country, this wasteful spending has to stop.

And if everyone on this thread could please get away from turning this into something about race I would appriciate it.

I have to say that, while some valid point were made by LR, they weren't all that constructive. No need to belittle what was a good first effort. At least someone is doing something about the attacks on our profession.

We can point fingers all day at whose administration is at fault for the current economic mess, and most of the blame would be valid. However, the current administration is picking up the crap that the MEDIA is churning the public up with, and blowing it further out of proportion, at the cost of jobs they are saying they're trying to save. You guys that are getting all sanctimonious about who got TARP funds and shouldn't be flying airplanes need to back off with the big brush. The TARP program is a tool to keep the financial situation from getting worse, which could take away YOUR ability to work. Alot of banks (with and without airplanes) did nothing wrong, yet are taking the hit on the stock markets and in the coffers because there isn't money available to lend to make fees on. When you account for increases in reserves due to new regulations, the enormous number of people who got stung in the ARM web (which I was almost caught by) who can't pay that have to be subsidized, and the approaching number of ones who won't be able to because they just got blasted out of their jobs, money is getting tight. But to say it's all the banks fault for falling off the cliff is laughable. And now you think on top of it all, they should throw away money by dumping the tools to do business more effectively, and to try to generate new income streams is short sighted. There is no market for aircraft right now, so any sale will either not happen, or be at a huge loss. What happens to the rest of that lease or note? LOSS! Citi's purchase of the new airplane would have nothing to do with TARP funds, most of it would have been paid for in deposits, and the rest from the sale of old aircraft. But some of you think that throwing away all that money and making a business as far flung as Citi do it on airlines is a money-maker? And you think SIU has it all wrong? I'm not saying that Citi did it all right, but should it be a case of throwing more away in times of trouble?

This misguided, inaccurate media attention is causing the loss of jobs in the aviation industry. Not just pilots and mechanics, but it will swell and affect the OEMs, parts suppliers, etc., just like the auto manufacturers. SIU shouldn't be belittled for his efforts, but lent a hand with better info to pass on, should the opportunity arrive. It's fueling so much attention, that jobs are being lost in the industry because companies are caving in to pressure caused only by perception.

And if the above sounds personal, it is. Cuts were announced for our department day before yesterday. One of the two aircraft and personnel accordingly. The bad part is, we won't know who is going for 3 weeks. Exit plans weren't finished when the public announcement was going to be made. So we wait.

Good luck.

Chris

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back