• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama policies hammer airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good, it's been a long time coming. We all know how airlines follow the rules set in our contracts, so its nice to see them actually being penalized for violating the rules set by the government.

This "age of cooperation" didn't work.

Think hard about who you are really voting for in Nov

Yeah...that's going to be a tough one. Let me think...hmmmm.

Voting Democrat across the board. Done.

Republicans hate airline pilots and they for damn sure hate unions. That's all I need to know about the corporate lapdogs like DeMint, McCain, Boehner, and McConnell.

How many Billions did the airline industry lose between 2000-2008 when he was in charge? Thought so.

You're being myopic. Airlines are but one small facet of our economy. Remove them from the equation and you'll see how rampant the finance and buisness world was/is. Regulation is necessary to protect the consumer. If companies were better at policing themselves and not exploiting loopholes, then I would say that the government has no merit levying these fees. Unfortunately, companies do feel they can hoodwink both the consumer and government, and do so regularly.

Anyway, there shouldn't be fkn $39 fares to begin with. THAT is more of the problem.

Yeah, the goverment is here to protect us. I can believe that to a point, however all the goverment really ever cares about is the $$$$.

All any company or airline has to do is comply with the law and not worry about penalties. No one is forcing them to be dishonest.

Right, Damn those SW management guys

Showing us up by making money with low fares.......and every quarter too!

You're being myopic. Airlines are but one small facet of our economy. Remove them from the equation and you'll see how rampant the finance and buisness world was/is. Regulation is necessary to protect the consumer. If companies were better at policing themselves and not exploiting loopholes, then I would say that the government has no merit levying these fees. Unfortunately, companies do feel they can hoodwink both the consumer and government, and do so regularly.

Anyway, there shouldn't be fkn $39 fares to begin with. THAT is more of the problem.

I have witnessed the FAA turn their heads the other way when they knew that serious safety violations were repeatedly taking place. They did NOTHING. They tried to cover their tracks by lying about it. The violations were far worse than anything listed in this article. While I have no problem with any administration that actually tries to hold the airlines accountable, I don't believe for a second that this is anything more than politics-as-usual. Look at Ray LaHood's track record.

Latest resources

Back