Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From AIN:

President Obama Resumes Attack on Business Aircraft
In a resumption of his attacks on business aviation, President Obama yesterday called for an end to “tax breaks” for corporate jet owners. The outcry from general aviation quickly followed the White House press conference during which Obama lumped corporate aircraft in with millionaires, billionaires, oil companies and hedge-fund managers as targets for closing “loopholes in the tax code.” NBAA said the President repeatedly denigrated business airplane owners and operators, apparently to make a case that current tax “depreciation schedules” for GA airplanes are too short and should be lengthened. “Nine months ago, this President extolled the virtues of shortening depreciation schedules to stimulate jobs,” said NBAA president and CEO Ed Bolen. “Now he seems to want to reverse course and push ahead with punitive treatment for general aviation, an industry that creates jobs, helps companies succeed and serves communities all around America.” Leaders of other GA organizations also weighed in. Matt Zuccaro, president of the Helicopter Association International, stressed that while all the current rhetoric appears to be directed toward “corporate jets,” any change to the depreciation schedule would apply to pistons, turboprops and rotorcraft. “Democrats now see elimination of tax breaks and a change in the depreciation schedule for general aviation aircraft as politically attractive,” Zuccaro said in a “Call to Action” to HAI members.

Please enlighten me and tell me how you have determined that I’m stupid. Is it because I dare go against your beliefs? Oh, please use some big words so we all know how smart you are. :puke:

Because you embrace and subscribe to narratives which are not well thought out and were provided to you by your TV. Because you have no clear point; you simply recite idiotic bullet points you have heard on TV or possibly from a radio DJ.

A lack of independent thought is indicative of stupidity.
An inability to hold many complex ideas in your head simaltanousely and then interrelate them is indicative of stupidity.
An unwillingness to thoroughly think through an idea is indicative of stupidity.

As a result I assert one fact in this thread; that you are stupid.

Because you embrace and subscribe to narratives which are not well thought out and were provided to you by your TV. Because you have no clear point; you simply recite idiotic bullet points you have heard on TV or possibly from a radio DJ.

A lack of independent thought is indicative of stupidity.
An inability to hold many complex ideas in your head simaltanousely and then interrelate them is indicative of stupidity.
An unwillingness to thoroughly think through an idea is indicative of stupidity.

As a result I assert one fact in this thread; that you are stupid.

What is stupid? Nothing I said has been disproven. You judge me, yet you don’t know me, you jump to conclusion and speak in a manner that you would not do if you met me in public. Now sir, that is stupid. I’m done with you and your disrespect. Hope you have a great life, come back to me when you grow up.

Last edited:
Perhaps we need to be educated on the tax code. Please share your knowledge with us and we'll try to keep up.

TC

I've gone down that road already. I posted links to studies on the laffer curve as well as information on marginal and effective tax rates. The fact that you think small changes to personal or corporate tax rates will do anything to the economy shows there is no point in discussing tax rates.

Personal rates could be hiked as high as 50%, assuming a progressive rate for income in the top 5% for individuals and it would not have much impact on the economy at all. Conversely, such a hike would not effectively 'spread' the wealth around either.

This is just a location to yell at morons and you are quite correct; I cannot do it in public.

Bary Hussein is just showing his true colors. He hates capitalism. This fraud is not only not a leader, he's a disgrace. He opened his pie hole 2 years ago and dumped all over businessmen/women and their use of corporate jets, this is a trend. Meanwhile his wife's recent Africa jaunt cost us at least 500K.

You asked if you were stupid. After reading your post, yes, you are. If lowering taxes works so well, why are we in this mess now? No, don't tell me, Obama has come in and in less than 2 years he destroyed the economy by lower the job loss from 700k a month to a net gain for well over a year now. Right?

Clinton did not lower taxes. He raised them on the rich, and promised the middle class a tax cut. Since you don't know, I will inform you that after he took office, Clinton got on tv and told the middle class he could not give them the promised tax cut because the Bush admin had not been honest about the true size of the deficit, so their tax cut was going now to pay off the deficit. How are you talking about this subject and you don't know the most basic of these facts? Go read a newspaper and stop repeating what you hear Rush say, as Rush relies on the stupid to believe him, but the kicker is that he banks on people being just dumb enough to repeat what he says, so now here we are with you doing just that.
Does this mean I'm stupid too?

Lowering tax rates have worked every time it's been tried. It worked when Reagan did it and it also worked when Clinton did it...yes Clinton, remember that?

When the left does the math, it's always raise taxes and increase spending.

Here's a case in point of what reduced spending does. My home state of the Commonwealth of Virginia is now the #1 state to do business in according to CNBC. Look at all the states that have lowered tax rates and cut spending. Their financial positions improved and budget deficits fell.

Steve Forbes said it best. "By lowering personal and corporate tax rates or establishing a new flat tax plan and national sales tax, the United States Government would increase revenues ten fold as compared to the proposals of increasing rates. By lowering tax rates, you put more money in action by allowing businesses of all sizes to better use their profits in expanding their own business thus expanding the economy by creating more jobs and increasing profits. When you increase profits, tax revenues are increased. When individuals have more money to spend, those businesses benefit a second time. You will create more jobs and the economy will grow by itself if you leave it alone."

Also, why is everyone on the left so afraid of Sarah Palin?

BECAUSE SHE CAN BEAT OBAMA IN THE 2012 ELECTION

BTW, Palin was right about Paul Revere. He also warned the British as well that the Americans were coming...and we did!

So, in the words of Sgt. Hulka from Stripes..."Lighten up Francis."

Let the Tea Party begin...

Latest resources

Back