• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama and Corporate Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your point that you personally are better off is taken. I'll mention that to a few of the out of work teachers and the children whose parents are no longer receiving unemployment benefits. I'm sure they'll be relieved even though they are moving into a bus down by the river.

I was unemployed for over a year. You know what I did? I got another job throwing boxes for UPS. It was 100 degrees in the summer and 20 degrees in the winter on a open dock. I had to work alot more and a helluva lot harder but I made ends meet. If your ass has been unemployed for over 2 months you shouldnt even get a check. Get off your ass and get a job.

Get off your ass and get a job.

Sounds good to me, but some people think only the nanny state can save us, and thus we must give the nanny state more money.

Just look at the past history and what is going on in Europe, I don't see why people don't get it.

I'm all for a fair tax code, how about a flat tax with no exemptions.

Your point that you personally are better off is taken. I'll mention that to a few of the out of work teachers and the children whose parents are no longer receiving unemployment benefits. I'm sure they'll be relieved even though they are moving into a bus down by the river.

Nothing is stopping the holy-then-thou (like you apparently) from sending some extra money to the government to help them make ends meet. In my opinion, they will waste it, but what you do with your money is your business.

The problem with the POTUS statement is that he is vilifying one of the few industries left in the United States (and the one in which I make my living) to score political points through class warfare. The revenue "lost" to the government through this tax break is small and almost certainly less then the lost revenue that his statements will cause as more of us loose our jobs and switch from tax payers to government-handout receivers. Yes it's complicated. No, you don't get it...

You have to actually take delivery of an aircraft during the allotted time period to utilize accelerated depreciation, so NJA does not stand to benefit from it with their Global order.

CorpCaptain's boss, on the other hand, will.

Nothing is stopping the holy-then-thou (like you apparently) from sending blah blah blah blah blah Yes it's complicated. No, you don't get it...

Look bartard; I didn't say taxes should be raised or lowered. I just said LJ45 is stupid; which he is. That statement is accurate and I stand behind it.

If you want to discuss tax policy I will but I don't think that topic will be of interest here.

Sounds good to me, but some people think only the nanny state can save us, and thus we must give the nanny state more money.

Just look at the past history and what is going on in Europe, I don't see why people don't get it.

I'm all for a fair tax code, how about a flat tax with no exemptions.

I'm all for the Flat Tax too, bring it on. But be careful what you say about Europe. Greece has the lowest per capita government spending in all of Europe, they just don't collect any taxes.

Lower Taxes = Economic Recovery for all

Look bartard; I didn't say taxes should be raised or lowered. I just said LJ45 is stupid; which he is. That statement is accurate and I stand behind it.

Does this mean I'm stupid too?

Lowering tax rates have worked every time it's been tried. It worked when Reagan did it and it also worked when Clinton did it...yes Clinton, remember that?

When the left does the math, it's always raise taxes and increase spending.

Here's a case in point of what reduced spending does. My home state of the Commonwealth of Virginia is now the #1 state to do business in according to CNBC. Look at all the states that have lowered tax rates and cut spending. Their financial positions improved and budget deficits fell.

Steve Forbes said it best. "By lowering personal and corporate tax rates or establishing a new flat tax plan and national sales tax, the United States Government would increase revenues ten fold as compared to the proposals of increasing rates. By lowering tax rates, you put more money in action by allowing businesses of all sizes to better use their profits in expanding their own business thus expanding the economy by creating more jobs and increasing profits. When you increase profits, tax revenues are increased. When individuals have more money to spend, those businesses benefit a second time. You will create more jobs and the economy will grow by itself if you leave it alone."

Also, why is everyone on the left so afraid of Sarah Palin?

BECAUSE SHE CAN BEAT OBAMA IN THE 2012 ELECTION

BTW, Palin was right about Paul Revere. He also warned the British as well that the Americans were coming...and we did!

So, in the words of Sgt. Hulka from Stripes..."Lighten up Francis."

Let the Tea Party begin...

Last edited:
To have an interesting dialog on politics BOTH parties need:

1- The intellectual capacity to understand complex topics
2- The ability to alter their internal narratives. Put simply, both parties must be willing to change their minds.

As for #1 above, I'll agree with that or its stupid is as stupid does.

As for #2 above, Ask John McCain what happened to him every time he reached across the aisle to compromise...He got his hand broke. When he stepped across the aisle, he got his leg broke. He found out the hard way that there is no such thing as a "moderate" when he lost the 2008 election. And no, you can't blame Sarah Palin for the loss, she was more conservative and much more popular.

I just said LJ45 is stupid; which he is. That statement is accurate and I stand behind it..

Please enlighten me and tell me how you have determined that I’m stupid. Is it because I dare go against your beliefs? Oh, please use some big words so we all know how smart you are. :puke:

Latest resources

Back