Obama and Corporate Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotgolfer

I'm sitting here watching Obama's speech about the budget and the deficit. I lost track of how many times he's mentioned tax breaks for rich guys and deductions for their corporate jets.

I wonder if his staff will curtail their use of the government fleet?? I doubt it.

I'm sitting here watching Obama's speech about the budget and the deficit. I lost track of how many times he's mentioned tax breaks for rich guys and deductions for their corporate jets.

I wonder if his staff will curtail their use of the government fleet?? I doubt it.

I could be wrong but I think he is suggesting a change to the depreciation schedule for corporate aircraft. Even the hard right will agree we need to remove such tax breaks in an effort to simplify the tax code. Just don't touch my mortgage interest deduction; that is completely different and as I own two homes it really helps me out ;)

Rush Limbaugh is all over him after his speech for wanting to raise taxes on Corporate Jet Owners and Operators after Depreciation Schedule reductions in the stimulus packages. What a flip-flop! First tax cut deductions and now a tax rate hike for Corporate Jet operators. We are next, the little people of America that make this country go.

Imagine that...Obama rides around in the biggest Corporate Jet of them all and now he wants to punish those who make this country run?

Friends don't let Friends vote Democrat ever again...

Run Sarah Run and Drill Baby Drill!

Bait all these new jet buyers in with accelerated depreciation, then raise their taxes.

Brilliant.

Bait all these new jet buyers in with accelerated depreciation, then raise their taxes.

Brilliant.

What new jet buyers? Things like corporate jets, passengers being able to fly faster then the speed of sound and the United States being able to launch people into space is all part of the past. Now we have "progressed"... /sarcasm "Do you have the number of that horse and buggy driving school we saw on TV? ... I think I might need that...."

Did Obama really equate people who make $250K per year with corporate jet owners? It will take a lot more income to buy and operate a jet than this.

Rush Limbaugh is all over him after his speech for wanting to raise taxes on Corporate Jet Owners and Operators after Depreciation Schedule reductions in the stimulus packages. What a flip-flop! First tax cut deductions and now a tax rate hike for Corporate Jet operators. We are next, the little people of America that make this country go.

Imagine that...Obama rides around in the biggest Corporate Jet of them all and now he wants to punish those who make this country run?

Friends don't let Friends vote Democrat ever again...

Run Sarah Run and Drill Baby Drill!

Seriously if Sarah Palin is your answer we may as well start packing our bags. That has to be the dumbest woman I have ever seen. Writing reminders on her hand during an interview, thinking Paul Revere was warning the English. How could anybody with any sense possibly vote for her?

Like other former Presidents, Mr. Obama will never again set foot on "public transportation". He will ride around on BBD's and GLF's owned by high dollar DNC contributors and it will be THEIR problem to deal with the taxes imposed by BHO.

Corporate jets are a convenient target when you're demagogue-ing and pandering to your base.

TC

Timmay, al of your common sense, facts, and truths have no place in the mind of right wing nut bags like Godfather. Palindrome lover, saying the folks riding around in Corp jets make the country run and the little people are next. Cooky flakey stuff like that should tell you trying to reason with someone like that will get u nowhere. He will tell you Palindrome was right, Paul was riding to warn the English, too. Tying to dumb us all down. Be careful.

Cynic, you are right. He wants to change the accelerated depreciation tax benefits. Clearly it is doing zero for the economy and the owners are not spending the money they saved by playing the tax game right and essentially getting a free jet. Remember, big ticket items like jets and equipment for business get the owners tax CREDITS not deductions. Deductions you use or lose, credits are just that and carry over.

Latest resources

Back