• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Obama and Corporate Jets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two problems, as you said politicians would lose their jobs and all the bennies they get from lobbists. Therefore that will never happen.
(edited for space)
So even if there is incentives for more hiring there need to be large taxes on companies that hire overseas. That is the only way I can think of to slow the trend that is ruining this country. When 60-70% of an economy is based on consumer spending the rich can't keep the economy afloat you have to have a strong middle class.

If you let the Gubbmint tax corporations that move jobs overseas at a higher rate, I would not be surprised to see the Gubbmint encouraging them to move. They would love nothing more than for all of you to become dependants of the state.

As far as a middle class is concerned, IMHO you can place the blame of their dissapearance squarely on the shoulders of the union and their ridiculous demands. I know from where I speak. Look at my profile and you will see that I guard my privacy. You can take my word for it that I know too much about it.

They swung the pendulum too far, and now it has swung back (perhaps too far). Here is an article from today. Extremely slanted. Undoubtedly written by a reporter who is in a union or carries water for them.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hiltzik-20110703,0,1163343.column

These guys were shipping parts for BMW and making $50K a year not including overtime (the article refers to how loyal they were and would work double shifts - at time and half or double time I'm sure). When a guy who is a high school dropout can make $100K a year working the line at GM and have retirement benefits that include medical until he dies with no out of pocket, something's gotta give. Ironically, we have regional pilots that qualify for food stamps and major airline pilots in the same union at different carriers making $150K a year. So much for solidarity. I'm not here to bash the union, but the koolaid drinkers come from both sides of the fence. As for me, I'd prefer to sell my skills on the free market, not become a seniority number. But, I understand those who choose the other route.

Latest resources

Back