NY's Hometown Airline- Continental on FOX NY with Regis Tonight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SlapShot said:
I do not know about all the crossings, but I know you have to pay crossing the Verrazano westbound (from NY).

The Verrazano goes between Brooklyn and Staten Island. Both in New York.

The Verrazano connects Staten Island with Brooklyn both are in NY.

The Lincoln and Holland tunnel along with the George Washington Bridge are all free going to NJ, they charge when you want back into NY. We don't want to give anyone from NJ a reason to stay or a reason to ask for money.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
I would venture to say that AMR is NY' hometown airline.

They were based in NY for decades
The largest presence at LGA
The largest presence at JFK, not to mention the newest terminal

Since I live in NY I might know

As far as CAL goes, they will NEVER be NY's airline, after all their is a reason why all the bridges and tunnels are free going to NJ (they only charge when coming from NJ into NY)

1. The King is dead, long live the King....
2. LGA: Noted.
3. Actually, JetBlue has more passengers using JFK than any other airline (using 2004 stats). 2005 should be the same.

Just my opinion....

FNG

115+ international destinations from the airport closest to Manhattan, and a growing number of destinations from LGA = NYC's hometown airline.

Look at just about every NYC Cab= Continental Add on top
Sponser of NYC Marathon
Broadway
Last nights' NYC NEW YearsEve- 10K

Port Authority of NY/NJ= New York Airports.(EWR,LGA,JFK,TEB) From www.continental.com Most of our customers come from NY, via the AirTrain. And with more international destinations served from EWR than JFK= NY's Airline. We're not from NY but from a service standpoint we cover the map.

Continental Airlines is the world's sixth-largest airline. Continental, together with Continental Express and Continental Connection, has more than 3,000 daily departures throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, serving 151 domestic and 133 international destinations, more than any other carrier in the world. More than 400 additional points are served via SkyTeam alliance airlines, which include Aeromexico, Air France, Alitalia, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, KLM, Korean Air and Northwest Airlines. With over 42,000 employees, Continental has hubs serving New York, Houston, Cleveland and Guam, and together with Continental Express, carries approximately 60 million passengers per year. Continental consistently earns awards and critical acclaim for both its operation and its corporate culture.
For the second consecutive year, FORTUNE magazine named Continental the No. 1 Most Admired Global Airline on its 2005 list of Most Admired Global Companies. Continental was also included in the publication's annual "Top 50" list, which ranks all companies, across a wide variety of industries, that appear in the Global Most Admired Companies issue. Continental again won major awards at the 2005 OAG Airline of the Year Awards including "Airline of the Year" and "Best Airline Based in North America" for the second consecutive year, and "Best Executive/Business Class" for the third consecutive year. For more company information, visit continental.com

FNG320 said:
1. The King is dead, long live the King....
2. LGA: Noted.
3. Actually, JetBlue has more passengers using JFK than any other airline (using 2004 stats). 2005 should be the same.

Just my opinion....

FNG

I should have been clearer, no one moves more pax out of NYC (lga and jfk) then AMR

Don't guys from Queens and Brooklyn end up dead in Joisey all the time anyway?

:uzi:

PS Why is NJ called the Garden State?

You're always 'guardin' your stuff!

FNG320 said:
New York's hometown Airline is JetBlue. Born at JFK. HQ is there. Where did Continental start? Where is it's HQ? Questions...

Now, good advertising, but don't say NY's Airline. Not even close.

Just my opinion....

FNG

It's OK man, back off from the edge and put the kool aid down! It's just marketing ploys. Unclench, take a drink, and relax. You will live longer in the end. Overall, who cares?!?!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back