nwa188 transcripts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

thanks for the laugh!

talk about an email plugging holes. get real. this is whats called a narrative fallacy. selecting certain facts together to tell and support a particular story. horse hockey. its conspiravcy theory in reverse. look at it that way.

why the big secret on missing the freq. - they never stated that to them after multple ATC queries. if it were as innocent as that, why not fess up. no biggie. it happens. but to withholdand finally say compnay policy sounds rediculous. and how do you monitor the canook freq. for hours without realizing you misdialed.

When I had to evac, my first call was to ALPA. And I did everything properly. Why would he say anything while still in the air? That is a better question than: Why didn't he tell the controller over a recorded, monitored freq that he screwed up?

Interesting, totally plausible story. The lesson I see here is anything can happen to anyone. Yes they made a mistake and screwed up. But in the course of our careers we all make lot's and lot's of mistakes, every one of us. The key is being aware of that and staying vigilant, rather than going around pointing fingers like they are some kind of idiot and that could never happen to me.
And saying they were asleep???? Hello, ever hear of cockpit voice recorders? Geez.
Little word of advice to anyone that thinks lying your way out of a situation works. It doesn't and 9 times out of 10 it will backfire. From what I've seen,even with the FAA, if you admit you screwed up you are way better off than if you don't and try and lie your way out of a situation.

Interesting, totally plausible story.

Totally plausible? Seriously?

The FO dorks up a frequency, never gets a response, so he never calls back? They don't pay attention to the Center frequency and realize it's the wrong one? They're on laptops for 7 minutes, the CA eats, and yet they go another full hour without talking to anyone, bothering to look where they are, or to notice the ACARS message light come on 8 separate times?

Oh, but they had a 100-knot tailwind. Well gee, that clears up everything.

If I were the FAA I'd withold their certificates until they could demonstrate a frequency change without saying 'with you'.

This email, while prob has elements of the truth.... 12 minutes total on laptops?

It takes 5 minutes to start anything that says microsoft on it up.

I still think they were bitching on their laptops about the newly implemented delta PBS (which isn't half bad, just not what they were used to) and trying to show the other how to use it. That can easily eat up a bunch of time and take up much of one's attention span.

Plus 12 minutes.... 100 kts of tailwind.... thats like 100 miles. Thats not from denver to msp.

Behold embellishment of an email....

Latest resources

Back