• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

nwa188 transcripts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This sounds so much more reasonable than all the previous comments/jokes/speculation/ridicule. I am glad I withheld making any conclusions before. Still not great work, but somewhat understandable.

Mistakes will never happen once the HAL 9000 comes online to replace us fallible humanoids. Until then...

This sounds so much more reasonable than all the previous comments/jokes/speculation/ridicule...

Are you kidding? I'm even more bewildered after reading that. Using a 100 knot tailwind as an excuse? Only being on their laptops for a few minutes, yet flying 150 miles past their destination and probably 250 miles past their TOD before turning? With the company sending them 8 ACARS messages? Listening to Winnipeg center flying flying across the Midwest and not thinking anything of it? Hmm.

Yes they were extremely distracted but I have been in a simular situation seeing LAS coming up and we are still at altititude of 330. I am flying with the chief pilot for our airline and we missed a frequency change. Frantically searching for a frequency we finally get on the right one and descend and land. It was a very long downwind. I guess we were talking when they handed us off or they forgot to hand us off. It was a non event. Hopefully these guys will get everything back because the FAA over reacted at ATL FAA.

Yes they were extremely distracted but I have been in a simular situation seeing LAS coming up and we are still at altititude of 330. I am flying with the chief pilot for our airline and we missed a frequency change. Frantically searching for a frequency we finally get on the right one and descend and land. It was a very long downwind. I guess we were talking when they handed us off or they forgot to hand us off. It was a non event. Hopefully these guys will get everything back because the FAA over reacted at ATL FAA.

That is what you get for flying with a chief pilot... Should have called in sick-didn't you get THAT memo?

While I usually don't trust 'my friend said' emails, the transcripts at least fit the initial description of what happened. NW188 did acknowledge the handoff, but never checked in on the new freq. Misdialing the freq would explain that.

Still, how do you get that engrossed in something to loose that much SA?

While I usually don't trust 'my friend said' emails, the transcripts at least fit the initial description of what happened. NW188 did acknowledge the handoff, but never checked in on the new freq. Misdialing the freq would explain that.

Still, how do you get that engrossed in something to loose that much SA?
By sleeping, end of story.

Latest resources

Back