NWA/XJ Base Closures

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Regional4life

Delta closes Dallas numerous months before they filed. Look at United and USAirways and the base closures they have. My question now is, look at NWA. Obviously, it's cheaper to operate with fewer domiciles. Now, the big rumor is that MEM will close as a domicile (just like Dallas and Delta). Even the regionals (9E and XJ), will refocus their group. ( goodbye CVG). It's cheaper to deadhead out of MSP or DTW than to operate MEM. Interesting times. If it happens, I won't tell you, "I told you so", but I did tell you so. Bbq? Nah, ice fishing for you southerners. Good luck.

So what are the rumors concerning the NWA hub at Memphis. Is it on the chopping list as NWA revamps. I know nothing is out on it yet but sometimes people strat seeing signs or hearing things. So anyone heard anything yet on Memphis?

Local media stating NWA will make an announcement on Nov 1 about the status of the Memphis hub. Til then, they are cutting massive flights outta Memphis (9E, XJ,NWA) Sounds like a setup for a closure to me.

avrodriverj85 said:
Local media stating NWA will make an announcement on Nov 1 about the status of the Memphis hub. Til then, they are cutting massive flights outta Memphis (9E, XJ,NWA) Sounds like a setup for a closure to me.

That sucks...but it is what I was sorta expecting. Thanks for the info.

Pretty hard to keep CVG as a base if all the Avro's are going away...it's all that is based here. Most of the flights now are Pinnacle flights though I have been seeing a DC-9 in the mornings now too.... Guess I need to pack for DTW earlier than planned (if I still have a job at all)

How about an NWA, DAL merger... Close MEM and CVG then stir. DAL seems to be announcing a fall back to Atlanta strategy.

God help us!!! A NWA culture - rather infection over at DAL would be the end.

Just look at the CEO's - DAL CEO Greinstein takes a 25% pay cut as do his managers. NWA Steenland wants a $20million bonus for him and his 5 managers, to hang around? Let Delta come around on their own, they dont need the leeches of NWA and its type.

;) As long as they keep MEM a Focus City with Direct LAX, EWR, IND, and add an OAK. Oh, and ICT would be nice.:D

Latest resources

Back