• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA-- What are they looking for to replace DC9s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEWCO is mostly dead although Dr. Frankensteenland is still trying to harness the lightning bolts (BK Court) to make his freak come alive.

NEWCO 2 is alive & well. Steenland will have it before the Judge on Tuesday.

Even though the old time Red Book guys are apparently willing to throw just about everybody under the bus in a desperate effort to save their pensions and their jobs (even at criminally low wages)......

Ah, yes......the old bait & switch pension game....by Ronco. Don't be fooled for a second....the pensions are OK for now, but once Steenland gets his pound of flesh, they're toast.

Unfortunately, I don't think Frankensteenland gets it and we may see another sad chapter (think Eastern, Pan Am) in the downhill slide of this once-proud profession.

He doesn't get it....& never will. He was raised & nurtured in the Lorenzo school of harmonious relations, and he despises labor. He'll push it towards a strike just like 1998.

320AV8R

gutshotdraw said:
Even though the old time Red Book guys are apparently willing to throw just about everybody under the bus in a desperate effort to save their pensions and their jobs (even at criminally low wages), I hope and believe there are enough Greens and Blues to draw a line in the sand over scope.

There are more Blue book pilots than Red & Green put together. As long as we get to vote on the upcoming TA...as our MEC has promised...Newco is D.O.A.

Good for you guys! As a PCL pilot, I salute your decision to hold the line - I personally don't WANT to see any more aircraft over here that are more than 50 seats... it's just THAT many more furloughed mainline guys, not to mention that much longer until any of us can move up and move on.

It may put us all out of work, but we'll all survive, and maybe, just MAYBE, the industry will be better for it (i.e. the next mgmt team may not be so fast to go to a 1113(c) showdown if NWA has to close the doors permanently playing their high-stakes poker game).

Sik 'em!

gutshotdraw said:
I hope and believe there are enough Greens and Blues to draw a line in the sand over scope. quote]

What's a blue book guy? Is he a used pilot that was sold by a previous owner and then bought for fair market value?

I thought you just had the green (Republic) and red book (old NWA) guys from the old Republic merger in what was it '86?

P. S. Best of luck to you guys. Your in a tough spot and we all wish you the best.

Last edited:
Paul R. Smith said:
What's a blue book guy? Is he a used pilot that was sold by a previous owner and then bought for fair market value?

Blue Book = hired after the merger (i.e., not red and not green).

That came to me after I thought about it for a few minutes.

Thanks for the info I wasn't sure.

Latest resources

Back