• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants to create a new airline for smaller planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mr. Woerthless needs to step down because what has he done to stop any of this bs. Fork him

I nominate myself

avrodriverj85 said:
If you can get a copy of the "forced agreement" that NWA presented to it's pilot group last week, it clearly states that NWA IS attempting to start an "alter ego" carrier, using EMB190's, CRJ70/90 seaters, and AVROs with 85 seats in them. B747 captains working for $155k a year. DC9 senior captains making less than a $100k, Avro captains making more then a senior DC9 FO. HA ! They were told, "Either accept it and agree to it, or we'll go to a bankruptcy judge and he'll make you take it". No more scope! They want to eliminate the right to strike, etc etc..

Read between the lines fellas, concessions are coming - the great MSA "Due in 04' piece of trash contract that ALPA thought was so great - will be history soon. Forced Labor is the new rave in todays airline business; all in favor of management bonuses. Get on the phones and call your reps and tell them - NO CONCESSIONS !!!!!

Hey drunk boy, it was "due in '02"

Doug Parker said:
What is Capt Woerthless doing to help out his brothers???

Oh wait, he'll still make $400k+ a year regardless...............

Are you an ALPA member? Not tryin to be flip I am just curious. they are all sorts of folks on here.

If you are I suggest becoming a P2P volunteer the next time you start contract talks.

If you are not I reccomend "Flying th Line Vol.2" By George Hopkins. All of us got a copy when we voted in ALPA but I have heard some newhires have not been recieving this book, which I think is a mistake. Seriously its great for perspective and also quite informative about all sorts of things that have made the airlines and ALPA what they are today.

Either way I reccomend the book. Its a surprisingly quick read especially if your into airline and ALPA lore. And if you think all this is Duane's fault, your A. giving him too much credit, B. Gonna have to tell me who is going to run against him when he's done.

Last edited:
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid from Alpa. That book is a one-sided view you need to really expand your mind to understand what is going on now.

Jimdandy said:
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid from Alpa. That book is a one-sided view you need to really expand your mind to understand what is going on now.

Anything you would care to reccomend?

Management has won. The various pilot groups industry-wide are now in crisis-control mode. No one is in any mood to sacrifice ANYTHING for the 'betterment of the profession'.

Unfortunately, it is pretty much just as unlikely that anyone is willing to sacrifice when times are good. Essentially people, including pilots, are short-sighted and greedy.

This could have all been mitigated during the hiring boom, but now it is too late.

Let the back-stabbing commence.

Superpilot92 said:
Mr. Woerthless needs to step down because what has he done to stop any of this bs. Fork him

I nominate myself

I know nothing about you, but I like your opinons on certain ALPA "leaders".

Therefore, I second the nomination.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back